News Forum - Storm rips apart villages in Northeast Thailand

Thaiger

Communities in Northeast Thailand are the latest to bear the brunt of the country’s monsoon season. Rain plundered 3 villages in Nakhon Ratchasima province last night, damaging 48 houses and several crops. Non Sung district officials have now warned villagers to make sure that their houses’ roofs and structures can endure rough weather. Northeast Thailand is the country’s poorest region. In photos, the houses appear to be built with wood and other fragile materials. The Nong Sung district chief, along with local officials, handed out relief bags to residents whose houses took a hit and inspected the damage. Luckily, no […]

The story Storm rips apart villages in Northeast Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

8 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

with all due respect how tight were those shingles attached to that roof in OP pic.....

Believe me, in 2-3 days the Thai army will have new roofs up on all the damaged houses, Ive seen it done before with a huge hail storm.👍

It’s sad that some Thais have to live in such ramshackle housing and not surprising that a storm can take off the roof of something like that. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ThaiEyes said:

It’s sad that some Thais have to live in such ramshackle housing and not surprising that a storm can take off the roof of something like that. 

"have to" or choose to?....we all wake up every day and decide our course and paths in life....

pain is a motivator....ive seen thais and burmese living in these and seemingly happy....

reminds me of riding my bike around and seeing thais living right next to filthy canals and dumping trash

doing better than the homeless thais i see sleeping on the sidewalks around the old city....