News Forum - Thai Airways resumes Perth – Bangkok flights

Thaiger

Thai Airways is finally resuming its Bangkok – Perth flight route after a two year suspension due to the Covid-19 pandemic. A Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner will fly on the route 3 times a week starting next month. The first scheduled Bangkok – Perth flight will take off from Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi airport on July 5. As of today (June 20), a one-way ticket on the route in July costs 13,000 baht – around 528 AUD – on the Thai Airways website. The flight time duration is 6 hours 45 minutes. There has never been a better time to travel to post-pandemic […]

The story Thai Airways resumes Perth – Bangkok flights as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know why Thai Airways has stopped flying Perth to BKK after re-starting on July 5 2022?

The flights both ways are/where always full with only a hand full of seats unsold.

This is a disaster after being separated for 738 days from family and friends during Covid.  

The head of Thai Airways operations in Perth International airport has no idea why they are stopping this route as she stated that all flights had been booked out or nearly fully booked since July 5.

Can anyone supply info on this?

I really fear for Thai. Last week I was flying from Udon Thani to Bangkok. Twice they changed the flight time  and moved it back a total of 2.5 hours. Fortunately I wasn’t connecting to an inward flight. When I asked why the flight had been changed, I was told it was to make sure there were more favourable weather conditions! Why a total load of utter nonsense. It was a beautiful calm day from sun rise to sun set. 

Simply put, Thai are getting worse by the day and I can only see it getting much worse. Well down my list of carriers to use. All of them are terrible in terms of customer Service, but Thai is starting to make an art out of it