News Forum - July 1 – Thailand more open than ever

Thaiger

On 6/20/2022 at 1:14 PM, riclag said:

No more handshakes at all , thats what I learned

Well done, sir, that is the main lesson for me, too:

"No , sorry, that is so before 2020!" ;-)

On 6/20/2022 at 9:28 PM, rc1 said:

At this point in the pandemic it's just not a proportionate response for the public to all mask up.

Vaccination and treatments have blunted the effects, and with low thousands of cases a day in a country of 70m, the risk doesn't stack up.

Besides signalling your virtue, there's little practical benefit to the vulnerable from your mask wearing. You'd save more lives wearing a "get boosted" t shirt.......

In your opinion, but 'at this point' ? cases going up across Europe ? which point are we talking about ?

Nothing of what you write is pertinent to the sick and frail but then again clearly you are someone who only ever thinks of yourself. You have absolutely nothing whatsoever to back up your assertion that there is little benefit to the vulnerable for others not to wear masks. Nothing at all. Even logic should tell you that's selfish nonsense.

You may call it virtue signalling (yawn) I prefer to call it compassion to less able people than me. Unless 'virtue signalling' is the new phrase for caring ?

On 6/21/2022 at 4:08 AM, oldschooler said:

Hostile pro - muzzling agitation not required when trying to return to full normality & restore crippled tourist sector here.  😞Roll On 1 July ! 😉

Thai Food can be fine but it’s no better than decent cuisine anywhere else. Road Trips ? Er ,no, nice not great here.😉 Ruined by Constant Road Hazards.

Tropical Lifestyle. Seaview Pool Villa ? 
Absolutely. Plus :- Safe Hot Cheap Friendly ( no need to highlight Sex) Simple Flexible. 😎

Culture People Food Politics Sense Laws Driving ; for some only (not me).👍

Still making zero sense I see

On 6/20/2022 at 10:39 PM, riclag said:

Yes ! Gloves, socks, long shirts and pants ! Mask and helmet with shield.

Good!

On 6/20/2022 at 1:37 PM, Highlandman said:

I freelance and have never used PayPal for the purposes of receiving payment. That being said I agree that this PayPal thingy is absolutely absurd. I read that they did push back the implementation date of the new law, but unless something changes for the better, the country is going to become even less competitive.

There is nothing stopping you from using an account in another country though. I have an account in my home country, while Thailand based merchants still accept Paypal for payments and I've used this many times over the past 30 months in particular.

once they see you have a thai ip they will block the paypal account in that other country.....