News Forum - Bangkok man steals gold worth 2 million baht after losing crypto money

Thaiger

The impact of the crypto crisis is rearing its head in Bangkok. Yesterday, a man stole necklaces worth 2 million baht from a gold shop in Phra Nakhon district of Thailand’s capital city. The man entered the gold shop before pulling out a gun, waving it at staff and customers. The shop’s owner, staff, and customers all fled to the back room of the shop. The robber then grabbed the gold necklaces and dashed away on his motorcycle. Two of the necklaces were later found on the pavement outside the shop. Police used security footage to track the thief’s journey, […]

The story Bangkok man steals gold worth 2 million baht after losing crypto money as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Venusianhart said:

They knew it was crypto-related because the suspect yelled "Everybody freeze! This is a Hodl up!"

I don't get it. 

Perhaps it's a cryptogram of sorts but I'd be crying out of excruciation if the crux turned out to merely based on "crypto" and "cryogenic" starting with the same 3 characters. 

25 minutes ago, Chatogaster said:

I don't get it. 

Perhaps it's a cryptogram of sorts but I'd be crying out of excruciation if the crux turned out to merely based on "crypto" and "cryogenic" starting with the same 3 characters. 

Hodl - Hold On for Dear Life - a crypto phrase

4 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Hodl - Hold On for Dear Life - a crypto phrase

More accurately, it was born out of a mistyping of the word "Hold". As in the Market phrases: "Buy Hold Sell".

That acronym is the first time I've ever seen it thus explained, and it spells HOFDL. 

10 minutes ago, Venusianhart said:

That acronym is the first time I've ever seen it thus explained, and it spells HOFDL. 

Sigh… so crypto bulls consistently misspell it hodl for what reason? A message in a word. 

Isn't this what the banks get away with doing all the time - lose loads of money when some or other bubble bursts, and then put their hands in everyone else's pockets to make up the loss? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Fanta said:

Sigh… so crypto bulls consistently misspell it hodl for what reason? A message in a word. 

Sigh...  since you insist on your fantasy version of hodl, here's the actual history for you:

< Remaining post removed in breach of forum rules. Offering inferred factual information without supporting link as verification >

Moderator.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Headline could have just as well been man robs gold shop to offset gambling losses. Making it about Bitcoin induces no sympathy

how many stupid bitcoin losers are going to be doing the same over the next few months?

< Unnecessary comment removed>
Moderator.