News Forum - Insurance for foreigners entering Thailand in June 2022

Thaiger

If you’ve read the news, then you’ve probably heard that the major restrictions on entering Thailand like the Thailand Pass and Covid-19 insurance will be removed on 1 July 2022. This is, of course, good news for those planning to visit the country in the coming months. But what if you need to visit Thailand in June? Well, we still got your back! Since the global outbreak of Covid-19 in 2020, insurance with Covid-19 coverage has become a requirement for several nations, including Thailand. The Thaiger is here to assist you and make the whole process of entering Thailand easier. […]

The story Insurance for foreigners entering Thailand in June 2022 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I paid 650 baht for mine. The cheapest option available. No big deal really. 

Still be glad when all this idiocy is gone though. 

5 hours ago, Nivram said:

So if your over 75 years of age you cannot get insurance, which means you cannot enter Thailand?

You mean will not get insurance. Insurance is available for the elderly. And when insurance is not available, a fronting health care policy backed by a financial guarantee is available. Because a sales agent says a product isn't available doesn't mean it is impossible.

Insurers can and do issue policies for the elderly; i) with a high deductible and/or co-pay with a set limit or, ii) a fronting policy backed up by the policy holder's guarantee of repayment either through a surety bond, or other  financial instrument. The products have a cost which may be unpalatable for some consumers.

If you cannot afford the insurance, then you should not be travelling/living in a region where the insurance is needed. And the reality is that the taxpayers of a country do not need nor want the potential financial burden that the uninsured elderly bring. It's not nice but the  truth which too many elderly do not wish to hear.

8 hours ago, Nivram said:

So if your over 75 years of age you cannot get insurance, which means you cannot enter Thailand?

I've seen policies covering people for C19 up to 99. But anyway, none of it matters after July 1st...

• Like 1