News Forum - Foreigners brawl near Pattaya’s Walking Street, one left with slash wounds

Thaiger

21 hours ago, Wackamole said:

I find it relevant to say foreigner in this situation, because the whole point of Pattaya is international tourism.

What's very unnecessary is the story itself, but definitely if you're going to report it, we want to know if it was the guests or the hosts.

And I'll take your word that you'll call out any unnecessary labelling of Africans or others. If you *SEE* it.

I find it that many Thai throw foreigners together, thats bad!  Lump us all in as 1 group! When stories come out it should have their nationality ! If no nationality wait to report on it until you have it!

• Like 1

On 6/19/2022 at 8:19 AM, Soidog said:

How about “Fight breaks out in Walking Street”. Or how about “Man gets slashed with knife”?  Use of the word Foreigner  makes me want to turn away and shake my head. 

I think it is great they mention the fact they were foreigners as most tourists in Pattaya are foreign tourists and so mix together, if foreigners are fighting other foreigners then it is good to know so we can judge whether to go there or not.

I went to Pattaya for a day trip while I was staying in Rayong, I think that will be my last trip, full of dim looking tattooed guys mostly. 

The last thing I want to do is get into any trouble while I’m in another country 🤷‍♂️. This particular altercation is a behavioral problem. You have to have good sense and respect the laws n Thailand. I would think that anyone right now who is vacationing in Pattaya would be living it up and happy just to be there 😎!!

Thank You

Marvin Yeager

• Like 1

On 6/19/2022 at 7:07 PM, Rookiescot said:

I dont mind the use of the term foreigner. What I object to is when the persons country of origin is used. Like it or not every western country has its fair share of idiots.

I agree that the use of the word foreigner adds context in this story - foreigners in Thailand form a discrete group, with their own culture. The circumstances and context may vary for punch ups between only foreigners, foreigners and Thais, or only Thais.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2022 at 4:41 PM, Cabra said:

Retired Navy Seals 🤣

I once saw the local Marine Embassy Guard fighting in a Patpong bar, so it's not only the aging ones, unfortunately 🙂

• Like 2