News Forum - Thais look forward to travelling again, survey says

Thaiger

As Thailand slowly rises from the ashes of the Covid-19 pandemic, a survey has found that over half of Thai respondents plan to travel outside the country this year. The “2022 Holiday Barometer” conducted by Europ Assistance between April 26-May 16 found that about 56% of 1,000 Thai respondents planned to take outbound trips this summer. This is 7 percentage points up from 2021. These respondents particularly plan trips to Asian countries such as Singapore, Japan, and South Korea. More Thais are planning domestic trips too, with 18% of Thai respondents looking forward to domestic trips. This is 5 percentage […]

The story Thais look forward to travelling again, survey says as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Getting Thais travelling again will help them see how much the rest of the world has moved on.

This will accelerate the return to normality in Thailand. 

A survey I can agree with.

Wife renewed her passport just a few weeks ago at the Pattaya passport office, which has gone from processing a handful a day to 500. Thais are certainly preparing to leave, though I would expect some of it to be taking up a job abroad.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cabra said:

As are we all. How if only we could find cheap international air fares 🤣

Long haul is pretty dire, and going in the wrong direction (and the levels it is reaching, I don't believe it is all down to increased fuel costs). A return flight from the UK is now coming in at around £1500 for an economy class ticket during July and August. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Grumpish said:

Long haul is pretty dire, and going in the wrong direction (and the levels it is reaching, I don't believe it is all down to increased fuel costs). A return flight from the UK is now coming in at around £1500 for an economy class ticket during July and August. 

Airlines are now reaping back the profits from lost pandemic time. Some prices can be exorbitant

16 hours ago, Grumpish said:

School holiday time - always mega expensive 

well someone around Pattaya is certainly travelling again.  Saw at least a dozen coaches blocking small sois yesterday, same as before covid.  Not long now before they cause massive  log jams' everywhere and take over Beach Road again .  Same old same old. 

13 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

well someone around Pattaya is certainly travelling again.  Saw at least a dozen coaches blocking small sois yesterday, same as before covid.  Not long now before they cause massive  log jams' everywhere and take over Beach Road again .  Same old same old. 

That would be a shame  -  but perhaps inevitable.

One of the greatest benefits of the Covid era has been the lack of Chinese/tour buses.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Grumpish said:

Wow! As someone looking to travel in late August and staying for several months, I was shocked to find flights for economy around £700-£800. I had to check what you said about July and August. That’s totally crazy. I would imagine that’s 80% of British travellers not going to Thailand during that period.