News Forum - Thailand News Today | Thailand Pass CANCELLED. Let’s Party till 2AM!

Thaiger

The CCSA just announced some BIG changes to Thailand’s Covid restrictions.  The center met with Thailand’s Prime Minister and the Ministry of Public Health this afternoon to make decisions about the Thailand Pass, “zones,” closing times of entertainment venues, face masks and temperature checks, so here’s where we stand.  Thailand Pass The CCSA announced the complete cancellation of the Thailand Pass, as well as the requirement to purchase Covid insurance, effective July 1. From July 1, travellers will be required to show proof of vaccination to enter Thailand. Unvaccinated travellers must provide a negative ATK test result that was […]

The story Thailand News Today | Thailand Pass CANCELLED. Let’s Party till 2AM! as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 2

“The CCSA said there will be randomised document checking at the airport, and anyone who does not have the aforementioned documents will be subject to a professional ATK test.”

Awesome news. Singapore required vaccination when I went there in April, also with “randomised checking”. They checked my wife’s documents, didn’t ask for mine. System there worked well, immigration was very fast. 

Good move, Thailand 🇹🇭 👍🏻

• Like 1

Good news for most, bad news for me...

My 9 yo unvaccinated daughter will travel with her mother to Philippines with a 1 day stopover at Bangkok ...

According to the Thailand Pass rules they need insurance but no test ...

According to the new rules they don't need insurance but my daughter needs a test ...

The catch: flight leaves Europe on June 30 but arrives in BKK on July 1. Which one applies? 🤔

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

According to the new rules they don't need insurance but my daughter needs a test ...

The catch: flight leaves Europe on June 30 but arrives in BKK on July 1. Which one applies?

The arrival date takes precedence.

“If travellers do not have either proof of vaccination history or a negative ATK test result, they can still gain entry into Thailand but might be subject to an on-arrival ATK test.”

So your daughter may or may not be subject to an on arrival test. Assuming it’s negative (if it happens at all) then all good.

Just booked my july flight to phuket before the inevitable fare hike..well done thailand its been a long time! Plenty for you to catch up with vis a vis your neighbouring countries but its a start so good on you! I used to visit like 5 /6 times a year staying a month each time. I hope to continue doing that in the future. 🙏

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BigHewer said:

The arrival date takes precedence.

“If travellers do not have either proof of vaccination history or a negative ATK test result, they can still gain entry into Thailand but might be subject to an on-arrival ATK test.”

So your daughter may or may not be subject to an on arrival test. Assuming it’s negative (if it happens at all) then all good.

Unfortunately I'm not so sure airline check in staff will agree ... They tend to stuck by the instructions they receive ... wonder if they'll be up to date by June 30?

Are you 100% positive about the arrival date?

10 hours ago, Bert said:

Good news for most, bad news for me...

My 9 yo unvaccinated daughter will travel with her mother to Philippines with a 1 day stopover at Bangkok ...

The catch: flight leaves Europe on June 30 but arrives in BKK on July 1. Which one applies? 🤔

Is your daughter not Thai?

8 hours ago, Bert said:

Unfortunately I'm not so sure airline check in staff will agree ... They tend to stuck by the instructions they receive ... wonder if they'll be up to date by June 30?

Are you 100% positive about the arrival date?

There’s the answer. The whole issue is what the airline will request to see.

In recent instances, there has been communication with airlines prior to the date of any changes taking effect, so they seem to be getting better at it. 

Are you able to confirm with the airline? How late is the check in on the 30th?

15 hours ago, Kate said:

How abt the insurance US$10000/- to abolish.

No more supplemental covid insurance required for those arriving July 1

On 6/18/2022 at 1:40 AM, Chaimai said:

Is your daughter not Thai?

No, Belgian/Filipino. They're travelling to philippines but due to flight changes a short stopover has turned into 12 hours... (Up to now, entry conditions are easier for her with thai pass than staying airside)

• Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 2:18 AM, BigHewer said:

There’s the answer. The whole issue is what the airline will request to see.

In recent instances, there has been communication with airlines prior to the date of any changes taking effect, so they seem to be getting better at it. 

Are you able to confirm with the airline? How late is the check in on the 30th?

It's multiple flights: BRU-VIE, VIE-BKK, BKK-MNL booked direct via Lufthansa as 1 ticket.

Quite incredibly, absolutely no-one can confirm whether at check in at Brussels their luggage will be checked through to Manila. This will be told by the check in staff on June 30 ...

Edited by Bert

50 minutes ago, Bert said:

It's multiple flights: BRU-VIE, VIE-BKK, BKK-MNL booked direct via Lufthansa as 1 ticket.

Quite incredibly, absolutely no-one can confirm whether at check in at Brussels their luggage will be checked through to Manila. This will be told by the check in staff on June 30 ...

Do you have an interline transfer in BKK, i.e. a change of airlines? 

I had online and interline transfers in BKK in the last two months with multiple connections. If it’s an online transfer with less than 24 hours between flights, you should be able to check bags through.

For what it’s worth Bert, I went through the ringer with uncertainty flying through five regional airports in four countries in April and May, and it was smoother and easier than expected. None of my concerns came to anything.

I hope it works out for you. 🤞 

7 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Do you have an interline transfer in BKK, i.e. a change of airlines? 

I had online and interline transfers in BKK in the last two months with multiple connections. If it’s an online transfer with less than 24 hours between flights, you should be able to check bags through.

For what it’s worth Bert, I went through the ringer with uncertainty flying through five regional airports in four countries in April and May, and it was smoother and easier than expected. None of my concerns came to anything.

I hope it works out for you. 🤞 

I also would expect bags to be checked through but since Lufthansa can not confirm I have to assume daughter+mother will have to go venture landside eventually... And since it's a 11hour stopover this would entitle them to maybe have a quick look at the city ...

I think I will wait a few days, see what details emerge for entry conditions July 1 onwards and perhaps contact the embassy here in Brussels ... 

Thanks for your quick replies 

8 minutes ago, Bert said:

I think I will wait a few days, see what details emerge for entry conditions July 1 onwards and perhaps contact the embassy here in Brussels ... 

Probably a good idea. Look out for press releases on airlines being briefed on imminent changes. I’ve noticed that happening the last couple of times there were changes on entry requirements.

Good luck to you and your family and let us know how you get on.

I can’t find any mention of what counts as being vaccinated. Do you have to pay for the random ATK test? What happens if you do test positive, especially bearing in mind it is a very inaccurate test. And do they give you a second test, or do you have to go straight to hospital/ quarantine? What counts as being a medical professional? If my sister was a nurse and I had my own 80 K test, can I get her to sign a bit of paper to say I tested negative? The ATK testing is stupid on people that aren’t obviously looking ill. A persons demeanour should tell you straight away whether they’ve got a bug or not

On 6/19/2022 at 10:00 AM, BigHewer said:

Probably a good idea. Look out for press releases on airlines being briefed on imminent changes. I’ve noticed that happening the last couple of times there were changes on entry requirements.

Good luck to you and your family and let us know how you get on.

So I took a bit of a gamble and got the Thailand Pass by using a dirt cheap travel insurance from worldtrips.com ... Cost was 17usd for 3 people for 4 days , Thai pass got approved in about 2 hours ...

Now the only question remaining is the entry conditions for my unvaccinated 9 yo daughter. If I read correctly she won't need a pre-departure test as she's travelling with her vaccinated mother ... If that's correct then it seems everything is in order ... 

Edited by Bert

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

So I took a bit of a gamble and got the Thailand Pass by using a dirt cheap travel insurance from worldtrips.com ... Cost was 17usd for 3 people for 4 days , Thai pass got approved in about 2 hours ...

Now the only question remaining is the entry conditions for my unvaccinated 9 yo daughter. If I read correctly she won't need a pre-departure test as she's travelling with her vaccinated mother ... If that's correct then it seems everything is in order ... 

Good move for peace of mind, Bert. My reading is that since your daughter is 5-17 years of age and accompanied, she can travel but may be subject to a test on arrival at the discretion of immigration staff.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.