News Forum - Thailand drops outdoor face mask requirement

Thaiger

7 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

You should stop kidding yourself... your life is not back to normal

I thought people wanted Covid restrictions and inconvenience to end not keep it going. Reducing restrictions is a good thing so why not move on?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dbrenn said:

Very true. 

Really? Sounds like a load of psycho babble by an unqualified self important person to me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Paulw said:

Not before time but what a bunch of Muppets, bring the economy to its knees and then lift these double standard rules & restrictions. Last week PM said no lifting of masks yet yesterday its lifted. I am going to have to stop reading these news clips as they are just a clown show sadly for Thailand!!!

Would you be happier if they had just left the mask mandate in place?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Except those who are at higher risk.

I don’t want to say that you are a stereotype scot but..

<meme deleted as per FG's>

Edited by KaptainRob
Please read the posting rulse
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

Really? Sounds like a load of psycho babble by an unqualified self important person to me. 

The esteemed member was perhaps making a tongue-in-cheek point that ideas hitherto derided as conspiracy theories seem to be coming true 👍 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Where we've been is less important than where we are headed, and right now we are headed in a better direction. Let's just pray history won't repeat itself too soon #WeAllSurvivedCovid

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Yes of course. Why should you be minorly inconvenienced in order to protect others.   

You go ahead and be minorly inconvenienced. 😂

14 minutes ago, Cabra said:

#WeAllSurvivedCovid

I'm going to tell my grandchildren later, that I've survived the great plague of 2020. People were dropping like flies all around me, while I just beat it, only having an itchy throat. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

I'm going to tell my grandchildren later, that I've survived the great plague of 2020. People were dropping like flies all around me, while I just beat it, only having an itchy throat. 

harrowing 🤣🤣🤣 let's hope the next one is even less dangerous. And let's not forget those on ventilators who died. It must have been frightening for them. I'd never diminish another's grief. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Stevejm said:

That’s not fair he might have a medical condition that makes it uncomfortable. Anyway everyone has their own opinion and reasons why masks are or aren’t a problem for them so we should all respect that. The main news is that masks aren’t mandatory outside anymore. Everyone should be happy about that.

so he should state that at the start, simples. nobody expects peeps with legit medical conditions to suffer. 

and no, we shouldn't respect people who don't want to wear a mask because of some rebel without a cause complex, which I'll wager is the main reason why so many farang kee nok get so upset about the whole shebang.

as for my 2nd para being offensive, well just about every other post on here is offensive. especially from the gay bashers and transphobes. why am I being victimised because I call out the whiny old haters for what they are?

• Like 1

Foreigners get upset about wearing masks because they can. No other reason apart from they're a whining bunch. Whine about everything. Permanent victims.😃

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Stevejm said:

It might be more effective to ask people who are infected to stay at home and not spread it around as they would hopefully do if they had a nasty flu

Unfortunately the people that think asking them to wear masks is imposing on their freedumb, think that asking them to stay home if they are infected is imposing on their freedumb too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cabra said:

Where we've been is less important than where we are headed, and right now we are headed in a better direction. Let's just pray history won't repeat itself too soon #WeAllSurvivedCovid

Covid has proven to be little more than a cold for nearly all otherwise healthy people. Were all those crazy lockdowns, with all those bankrupt businesses and bankrupt economies worth it? The future looks scarier for most people than Covid ever did.

Edited by dbrenn
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tim_Melb said:

Unfortunately the people that think asking them to wear masks is imposing on their freedumb, think that asking them to stay home if they are infected is imposing on their freedumb too. 

Quite. We fought various bloody wars to be free from government interference in our lives, starting from the tradition of the Magna Carta. Those who are worried about catching the lurgy are very welcome to isolate themselves. Nobody is forcing them to go out. 

Flimsy, leaky cloth masks don't do anything anyway, beyond being a badge of compliance. 

Edited by dbrenn
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Quite. We fought various bloody wars to be free from government interference in our lives, starting from the tradition of the Magna Carta. Those who are worried about catching the lurgy are very welcome to isolate themselves. Nobody is forcing them to go out. 

Flimsy, leaky cloth masks don't do anything anyway, beyond being a badge of compliance. 

When was the last time you saw someone wearing a cloth mask?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Covid has proven to be little more than a cold for nearly all otherwise healthy people. Were all those crazy lockdowns, with all those bankrupt businesses and bankrupt economies worth it? The future looks scarier for most people than Covid ever did.

Can't change the past. People died from covid, and in the early days not always the unhealthy (fact). Now it's the unhealthy who mostly die (fact). Time to look ahead, and stop whining about the past. 

11 minutes ago, Cabra said:

Can't change the past. People died from covid, and in the early days not always the unhealthy (fact). Now it's the unhealthy who mostly die (fact). Time to look ahead, and stop whining about the past. 

Well it's true that the past can't be changed, but we should certainly learn from it so that it isn't repeated unnecessarily. History isn't on our side though. 

Edited by dbrenn

Just now, Transam said:

Did they mind you inspecting them for quality and width.....🤓.....?

Sorry, I don't understand. Please explain. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dbrenn said:

Ten times more deadly than influenza in Australia this year in spite of 95%+ of the population having two or more vaccine shots is hardly a mild cold. Your delusion and paranoia are startling. You should wake up and take a look at reality instead of blindly believing what you see and  read on Facebook and YouTube. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Tim_Melb said:

Ten times more deadly than influenza in Australia this year in spite of 95%+ of the population having two or more vaccine shots is hardly a mild cold. Your delusion and paranoia are startling. You should wake up and take a look at reality instead of blindly believing what you see and  read on Facebook and YouTube. 

A case of mass hysteria