News Forum - Thailand drops outdoor face mask requirement

Thaiger

Today, Thailand’s Covid-19 taskforce announced that face masks will no longer required in airy, outdoor spaces in Thailand. The change will come into effect upon its publication in the Royal Gazette, probably on July 1. The CCSA also announced some other important changes today, such as the cancellation of the Thailand Pass. Dr. Taweesilp Visanuyothin said the public should decide for themselves when wearing a face mask is appropriate… “Masks can be removed in some areas. I would like to emphasize this is up to the personal discretion and willingness of each individual. Masks can be removed in open air […]

The story Thailand drops outdoor face mask requirement as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

And yet you go into a restaurant, bar or nightclub and no one is wearing a mask. In my area, orange one, the nightclubs are all open and have been for months. It’s a double standard not wearing masks in those places and making people wear them elsewhere. I can’t wait as I really suffer when wearing them. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

such as the cancellation of the Thailand Pass.

Question: 

TP canceled, how is that with the covid insurance?

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

48 minutes ago, Giltee said:

And yet you go into a restaurant, bar or nightclub and no one is wearing a mask. In my area, orange one, the nightclubs are all open and have been for months. It’s a double standard not wearing masks in those places and making people wear them elsewhere. I can’t wait as I really suffer when wearing them. 

Not a double standard but lax enforcement by the police.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Question: 

TP canceled, how is that with the covid insurance?

Yep. No more supplemental COVID insurance. As of July 1st

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thailand has an advantage because it can offer outdoor dining or open airy dining at most tourist locations. Most key tourist attractions are open and airy. People are really fortunate. What I will continue to do is to avoid crowded transport, wear an N95 mask when in a busy shopping mall,  and I will avoid crowded venues. In effect my life is back to normal except for a few changes. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Giltee said:

suffer from wearing a flimsy mask for a few minutes? it's all in your mind. 

*Offensive comment removed *

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, notpoor said:

suffer from wearing a flimsy mask for a few minutes? it's all in your mind. 

*Offensive comment removed *

That’s not fair he might have a medical condition that makes it uncomfortable. Anyway everyone has their own opinion and reasons why masks are or aren’t a problem for them so we should all respect that. The main news is that masks aren’t mandatory outside anymore. Everyone should be happy about that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Except those who are at higher risk.

Why? They can keep wearing a mask if that protects them. 

Not everyone in the world will keep changing their behavior forever just because of a relatively small group of people. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, DiJoDavO said:

Why? They can keep wearing a mask if that protects them. 

Not everyone in the world will keep changing their behavior forever just because of a relatively small group of people. 

Yes of course. Why should you be minorly inconvenienced in order to protect others.   

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Vigo said:

Thailand has an advantage because it can offer outdoor dining or open airy dining at most tourist locations. Most key tourist attractions are open and airy. People are really fortunate. What I will continue to do is to avoid crowded transport, wear an N95 mask when in a busy shopping mall,  and I will avoid crowded venues. In effect my life is back to normal except for a few changes. 

You should stop kidding yourself... your life is not back to normal. How is it you haven't considered the fact that there is no avoiding being exposed to these viral particles that are less than 0.3 microns? How is it you have not considered that your body will develop, I'd say certain, but it's not certain how much of; a natural immunity to that exposure no matter what you do. Unless you never come out of a true isolation, meaning you live all by yourself forever, you will be exposed eventually. Wearing that mask full time, let alone part-time, can never prevent you from being exposed. You will be exposed eventually. With that fact, do you wear a mask to attempt to protect others then? Because, even your N95 mask, which is only rated down to 0.3 microns of filtration, if worn correctly 100% of the time, will theoretically give some protection to others... that is all you may be doing. However, even they will be exposed eventually... but now I am repeating myself. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9487666/

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Yes of course. Why should you be minorly inconvenienced in order to protect others.   

Because... you're not really protecting others. It is not possible to avoid being exposed... they will be exposed eventually. This fact is why we should all be going back to a true normal, like we have been doing for thousands of years of evolution. Should a new truly demonstrable killer virus, that kills more than 0.3% of the population, on par with other viruses, then we can re-evaluate. Until then... its time to stop the nonsense. See my other post to Vigo on this page for further clarification on the issue. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

45 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

You should stop kidding yourself... your life is not back to normal. How is it you haven't considered the fact that there is no avoiding being exposed to these viral particles that are less than 0.3 microns? How is it you have not considered that your body will develop, I'd say certain, but it's not certain how much of; a natural immunity to that exposure no matter what you do. Unless you never come out of a true isolation, meaning you live all by yourself forever, you will be exposed eventually. Wearing that mask full time, let alone part-time, can never prevent you from being exposed. You will be exposed eventually. With that fact, do you wear a mask to attempt to protect others then? Because, even your N95 mask, which is only rated down to 0.3 microns of filtration, if worn correctly 100% of the time, will theoretically give some protection to others... that is all you may be doing. However, even they will be exposed eventually... but now I am repeating myself. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9487666/

It's all about harm reduction and managed exposure. Thailand will allow us to reduce our exposure, which allows us to return to near normal pre Covid behaviour. My body can handle a reduced  viral load. It cannot protect against a high viral load exposure.  I am  vaccinated so I know that it is unlikely I will die or have to be hospitalized if infected. My N95 mask will offer me 99.98% protection against exposure to the virus which is more than enough protection against the type of exposure I will encounter in public spaces. 

You offer an outdated study from 1998 that has little to do with the reality of the Covid pandemic. I am not treating  covid infected patients so I don't need full PPE.  I can eat in  open public spaces keeping 3 meters away from others. Overall, Thailand will allow for my social distancing,  and ambient humidity and temperature that will weaken the virus when it leaves the infected.  It's all about how much of the virus one is exposed to and if we limit our exposure, we can do just about anything we used to do. It's common sense.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Two steps back, one step forward? Now if we can rid our selves of the statist retards on this planet... we might actually get somewhere... I've come to call the mentally slow, those that are incapable of truly critically thinking for themselves... Statistards... Lol. 🤣😂🤣🤷‍♂️

Statistard: (Sta * tis * tard)

An individual usually unwittingly, but sometimes wittingly, indoctrinated by the state as a modern day supporter of his or her own slavery. Consequently, the state worshiper, a statist cult member, fails, in fact has become incapable, through omission/co-mission, of developing rational, critical thought of their own; thus are intellectually stunted and retarded in the classical sense (definition) of the word. Because they are often such mentally ill/broken individuals, they lack the capacity to take personal responsibility; needing a surrogate parent called the state (mommy democrats and daddy republicans) to provide them with their world view and/or security. In the aggregate, they become irrational, immoral, collectivist parasites necessarily leeching off the productive facets of the given society, often supporting the use of force (violent or otherwise) and coercion of government to ensure compliance, all the while attempting to justify such immoral behavior through invalid, unethical, incorrect altruistic virtue signaling arguments. As a consequence, the consummate Statistard, unable to generate, promulgate or understand their own critical thought or morality (ability to choose right over wrong) will, necessarily, use the state's laws (often oppressive edicts backed by immoral/criminal violence) to intimidate and perpetuate a resultant, inevitable neo-slave society. 

Very true. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yay! So they removed a mask mandate that wasn’t really a mandate even though they threatened you with fines and ridiculously forced news readers (some of who were reading the news alone) to wear a mask on tv to virtue signal. 

Also the difference when it’s required and not required is so vague

These medicrats have so little credibility with a substantial swath of the population they might never be listened to again.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JJJ said:

Yay! So they removed a mask mandate that wasn’t really a mandate even though they threatened you with fines and ridiculously forced news readers (some of who were reading the news alone) to wear a mask on tv to virtue signal. 

Lets hope the TV news readers actually take off the masks now.............

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Because... you're not really protecting others. It is not possible to avoid being exposed... they will be exposed eventually. This fact is why we should all be going back to a true normal, like we have been doing for thousands of years of evolution. Should a new truly demonstrable killer virus, that kills more than 0.3% of the population, on par with other viruses, then we can re-evaluate. Until then... its time to stop the nonsense. See my other post to Vigo on this page for further clarification on the issue. 

UK has been checking the presence of antibodies in the population and found that 99% of the population has C-19 antibodies either through vaccination or previous infection which hopefully means that death toll and serious illnesses will be low. Hopefully this is a good omen.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/bulletins/coronaviruscovid19infectionsurveyantibodyandvaccinationdatafortheuk/24march2022#:~:text=In the week beginning 28,interval%3A 98.8% to 99.2%)

One change that I noticed here today was that Channel 8 newsreaders weren’t wearing masks this morning which should appease those posters  who have been whining about seeing masked up newsreaders on TV😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rc1 said:

Lets hope the TV news readers actually take off the masks now.............

Channel 8 weren’t wearing masks this morning

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

It might be more effective to ask people who are infected to stay at home and not spread it around as they would hopefully do if they had a nasty flu

1 hour ago, JJJ said:

Also the difference when it’s required and not required is so vague

These medicrats have so little credibility with a substantial swath of the population they might never be listened to again.  

Why don’t you just say that it’s a good thing instead of looking for something else to complain about.

• Like 1

Not before time but what a bunch of Muppets, bring the economy to its knees and then lift these double standard rules & restrictions. Last week PM said no lifting of masks yet yesterday its lifted. I am going to have to stop reading these news clips as they are just a clown show sadly for Thailand!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2