News Forum - BREAKING: CCSA cancels Thailand Pass & change entertainment venue restrictions

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Zorba_the_Geek said:

So, Jet was on the money in today's GMT.

I gotta say, as an old fart myself, I find Tim  to be a bit out of touch.

He does good op-eds, but I find him out of place with Jet, Natalie, and Jay.

But, I wish him well as he moves on.

I just wonder who will hold the show together on weeks like this when the main presenters are away and Tim isn't  there to step in every day ? 

Maybe that's why Jet has moved to Bangkok 

1 hour ago, Scarface said:

Yea, great comeback, lapdog.

Cheers

You're repeating yourself now though. Are you okay? The forum is worried about you ...😲

Edited by Faz
image in breach of FG's removed.

1 hour ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Cheers

Image removed - Moderator.

You're repeating yourself now though. Are you okay? The forum is worried about you ...😲

Do you two realize that this thread is related to lifting of restrictions that some people were saying would never be lifted. We should all be happy about that. Shouldn’t we? 😄

2 hours ago, Highlandman said:

It's a start. Obviously it goes much further than just that, but forcing Thai children to wear masks is a form of submission to their military authority.

What about school uniforms?

Anyone know if these latest rule changes are dropping the ban on eating and drinking on domestic flights?

Surely it's time for that to go 

16 hours ago, Chaimai said:

Leave.....................simple, if you don't like it.

It wouldn’t change the fact the country is a disgrace if he leaves.  I don’t understand this attitude that I’d you don’t like it then stop complaining. How else do things improve? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stevejm said:

If that’s what the parents want it’s their right isn’t it? Great news about TP and insurance requirement though 

Whos right? The parents? Why? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Soidog said:

It wouldn’t change the fact the country is a disgrace if he leaves.  I don’t understand this attitude that I’d you don’t like it then stop complaining. How else do things improve? 

Things don't improve by Farangs moaning.

I would not stay in a country that I considered to be a disgrace!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Scarface said:

Oh here we go, so we are all meant to be oh so grateful. Laughable.

No, just quit your whinging.

23 minutes ago, DonnoAus said:

No, just quit your whinging.

That's right, don't speak out, just accept it like a lapdog.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chaimai said:

The thing about the internet is that people can anonymously whine and moan about the country where they are staying/ visiting without consequences. When I worked in Australia in the 90s I would probably have been beaten  up if I went round telling people that their country is crap and I knew better than them what they need to make it right😂

• Like 3

23 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Not great news for you is what you meant there. You're in a very small minority..😆

And the sad , really sad , aspect is that they are clueless to their status and wonder why they are treated the way they are.

1 hour ago, Scarface said:

That's right, don't speak out, just accept it like a lapdog.

Speaking out on a mainly expat forum might make you feel better but that’s about it because believe it or not nobody in power is going to read it or take action based on your opinion😂

6 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

Speaking out on a mainly expat forum might make you feel better but that’s about it because believe it or not nobody in power is going to read it or take action based on your opinion😂

Great insight. At least you read it 😂

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Chaimai said:

Well unfortunately for the majority of Thais they don’t have that choice to leave. It shouldn’t just be foreigners who complain in order to bring about change. The disgraceful aspects about Thailand have a far bigger impact on local people than it does on foreigners. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevejm said:

Of course they aren’t. But isn’t  speaking out on a mainly expat forum the point of having a forum? 

Id be interested to know what the people who don’t like people complaining, pointing out errors of judgement, calling out corrupt practises and inefficiencies would like to see posted on this forum ? 

24 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Id be interested to know what the people who don’t like people complaining, pointing out errors of judgement, calling out corrupt practises and inefficiencies would like to see posted on this forum ? 

You can't think of anything other than constant whining and moaning to bring to an expat forum? Really?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, astro said:

You can't think of anything other than constant whining and moaning to bring to an expat forum? Really?

I didn’t say that. I simply asked a question. Are you struggling to answer it? 

47 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Of course they aren’t. But isn’t  speaking out on a mainly expat forum the point of having a forum? 

Didn’t you say before that you do it for fun and to get a rise out of people? I think it’s not wrong to make a positive comment when something moves in the right direction. Many posters on this forum have been saying for months that Thailand is never going to drop the mask mandate, TP and insurance etc but now they have all gone instead of moving on there seems to be an obsession in finding the next thing to complain about. It’s also harmless to complain about things that you think are wrong so carry on with the “good” work 😂😂😂

Edited by Stevejm

I haven't posted on this thread but I've just read the Post my God what have School uniforms got to do with this thread?  and the old Mask joke. Didn't you read what the CCSA said, it's up to the individual in otherwise its no longer a law to wear them so stop all this fear-mongering about Mask's. Simple if you prefer keeping it wear it, if you don't  " Up to you "  you won't get a pull from the Brown uniforms. We have been waiting for all or most of these rules to be dropped now they have, but yet your still are moaning. If you don't like it don't come simple, but don't start the Anti-Thai bashing I for one have already booked to lay on a tropical beach with a young Honey beside me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I simply asked a question. Are you struggling to answer it? 

I don't usually answer spurious rhetorical questions.

But I make an exception, just for you: I really would like to see travel reports of Thailand & surrounding nations. Preferably with some nice pics.

• Cool 1

4 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

Didn’t you say before that you do it for fun and to get a rise out of people? I think it’s not wrong to make a positive comment when something moves in the right direction. Many posters on this forum have been saying for months that Thailand is never going to drop the mask mandate, TP and insurance etc but now they have all gone instead of moving on there seems to be an obsession in finding the next thing to complain about. It’s also harmless to complain about things that you think are wrong so carry on with the “good” work 😂😂😂

Can’t recall saying I complain for fun, although I do find it funny sometimes. I also find it funny some of the things people complain about. I think the issue really is when does being critical become complaining? When my boss critiques a piece of work I do, I don’t say he’s complaining. He’s offering constructive feedback on how I can improve the work. 

Part of the problem in forums like this is that many of the people reading the critical comments simply can’t comprehend the issue at hand. It’s therefore very easy to see everything as complaining and whining. History is full of moaning, whining, complainers. You know, people like:

Nelson Mandela, Emmeline Pankhurst, Martin Luther King, Harvey Milk, Mahatma Gandhi. 

All of them if they posted on here would be labelled moaners and whiners by the less informed and educated. 

• Like 2

On 6/17/2022 at 3:37 PM, Stevejm said:

Where did you get that gem from? The funniest thing that I read about masks was in travel advice for Japan which said that you should remove masks at public swimming baths “ whilst in the water”. Just trying to lighten the mood 😄

Anutin spoke these words "we need to control the behavior of Thais".

A child psychologist last year uttered similar things, basically calling her fellow Thais a bunch of children who can't control themselves, even though based on their adherence to mask wearing rules, no other nation is quite as compliant as the Thais are.

I've seen Thais wear masks while swimming in the ocean. I don't think the Japanese are quite this ridiculous.

On 6/17/2022 at 5:45 PM, Stevejm said:

What about school uniforms?

Yes, that's another example. Haircut rules as well.