News Forum - BREAKING: CCSA cancels Thailand Pass & change entertainment venue restrictions

Thaiger

5 minutes ago, Scarface said:

Yep, this country is simply a disgrace!

Leave.....................simple, if you don't like it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, rc1 said:

What do you need clarified?

Humans communicate  via their faces , covering them up is not conducive to communicating. There's no question masking children is hindering their development and learning.

It prevents them recognizing faces and emotions , learning language is more difficult without seeing syllables made out from mouths, more difficult to learn to read.

Then there's the emotions / psychology, they don't see as many smiles at school etc.

Without a doubt, it is not good for children to be masked at school

Point taken but I think you need to look more deeply into the Thai education system if you think removing masks is the answer the kids development.

15 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Point taken but I think you need to look more deeply into the Thai education system if you think removing masks is the answer the kids development.

Where did he say it was the answer?? 

Edited by Scarface
  • Like 1

Big news, eh?

Any mention of extending the current 30 day visa free entry to 45 days? It was mentioned often in the run up to the meeting...

12 minutes ago, Scarface said:

Blimey, what an apologist! What about the children's rights? Don't tell me, in your mind they don't have any?

The CCSA didn’t make any statement about children wearing masks they just said it was up to people to decide. It’s just posters on here making assumptions. Hopefully all mandates will be dropped soon then everyone will be happy. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Typical. I arrive June 30th! 😆

Great news though. Been a long couple of years to get to this point. 

I did the 15 nights quarantine, the one night hotel stays. 

Just grateful it's all over. 

I just booked tickets earlier this week for the 14th! 😁😁

Couldn't be happier with this news!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jayce said:

I just booked tickets earlier this week for the 14th! 😁😁

Couldn't be happier with this news!!

Yea, for me it's a bit bitter sweet as it's taken so long, but it's heartwarming to see. Unless I'm missing something aside from possible indoors mask wearing (that needs to go) we will pretty much be back to normal, whatever the earth that is here :-)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Scarface said:

You mean he wasn't a sheep?

I mean that it's not great news for him because he 5 not getting the benefits, and he's in a very small minority who haven't had a vaccine. 

His choice to do so. So accept the consequences of that. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheDirtyDurian said:

I mean that it's not great news for him because he 5 not getting the benefits, and he's in a very small minority who haven't had a vaccine. 

His choice to do so. So accept the consequences of that. 

Well he may have the last laugh if the vaccinated start getting sick or worse down the track. Eventually that will be scrapped anyway, not many countries now where you need to show vaccine status on arrival.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scarface said:

Well he may have the last laugh if the vaccinated start getting sick or worse down the track. Eventually that will be scrapped anyway, not many countries now where you need to show vaccine status on arrival.

He may have the last laugh yes, on the other hand he may not. 

And if we all knew what the future held blah blah blah. 

18 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

The CCSA didn’t make any statement about children wearing masks they just said it was up to people to decide. It’s just posters on here making assumptions. Hopefully all mandates will be dropped soon then everyone will be happy. 

Indoor mask mandates won't be and schools certainly won't be dropping their mask mandates anytime soon.

Maybe they will address indoor mask mandates at the next CCSA meeting on July 15. However, I don't see them scrapping everything on August 1, as some people might hope.

I expect that on August 1, all testing/vaccination proof will be scrapped, but masking will remain mandatory in some indoor venues for some time to come.

The key is to watch what neighboring countries such as Singapore/Malaysia/Indonesia/Philippines do, because they will scrap their indoor mask mandates first, before Thailand does.

Thailand will be the last country in the world to fully ditch mask mandates.

5 minutes ago, Scarface said:

True. I'm disappointed, because the original Ministry of Health Plan was to scrap vaccine and testing requirements on July 1. Looks like they've reneged on that, but there is hope that they will go on August 1.

Thai vloggers are stating that at the Vientiane-Nong Khai border, neither side is checking vaccine or test certificates anymore since June 1. This applies to Thai citizens when entering Thailand and anyone entering Laos. Effective July 1, my guess is that foreigners who will no longer be required to apply for a Thailand Pass, might not have their documents checked either. That being said, the official requirement still stands for both countries, so I think to be safe, it's best to wait until August before going to either country unless you don't mind getting a test done, but I think it would be inconvenient and costly.

33 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

It's a start. Obviously it goes much further than just that, but forcing Thai children to wear masks is a form of submission to their military authority.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Not great news for you is what you meant there. You're in a very small minority..😆

We're not a small minority at all. It's you who believes that. Anyway, an extra month of waiting won't hurt. Already more than 60 countries are restriction-free. The point is, because I have children to look after I don't want to leave Thailand on a short trip in July only to be faced with a testing requirement to come back. Sure, it's a huge improvement from the past almost 2 and a half years, but it's one step I'm not comfortable taking.

I've managed to avoid testing this whole time so I will continue waiting. It's not that much longer of a wait anyway.

Of course, if I were to travel on a one way ticket or for a longer period of time, say to Vietnam or European countries where no more mandates apply, then I could do that right now with just my passport. That's if I had no intention on returning to Thailand anytime soon.

3 minutes ago, Highlandman said:

We're not a small minority at all. It's you who believes that. Anyway, an extra month of waiting won't hurt. Already more than 60 countries are restriction-free. The point is, because I have children to look after I don't want to leave Thailand on a short trip in July only to be faced with a testing requirement to come back. Sure, it's a huge improvement from the past almost 2 and a half years, but it's one step I'm not comfortable taking.

I've managed to avoid testing this whole time so I will continue waiting. It's not that much longer of a wait anyway.

Of course, if I were to travel on a one way ticket or for a longer period of time, say to Vietnam or European countries where no more mandates apply, then I could do that right now with just my passport. That's if I had no intention on returning to Thailand anytime soon.

What's the problem with doing an ATK?

And yes, you are in a very small minority. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Highlandman said:

Indoor mask mandates won't be and schools certainly won't be dropping their mask mandates anytime soon.

Maybe they will address indoor mask mandates at the next CCSA meeting on July 15. However, I don't see them scrapping everything on August 1, as some people might hope.

I expect that on August 1, all testing/vaccination proof will be scrapped, but masking will remain mandatory in some indoor venues for some time to come.

The key is to watch what neighboring countries such as Singapore/Malaysia/Indonesia/Philippines do, because they will scrap their indoor mask mandates first, before Thailand does.

Thailand will be the last country in the world to fully ditch mask mandates.

How about Japan? 

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/east-asia/article/3180990/coronavirus-japan-has-dropped-its-outdoor-mask-mandate-message

Anyway it’s hard to predict. Many people on this forum were predicting that the insurance requirement would never be dropped😚

Edited by Stevejm

20 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

What's the problem with doing an ATK?

And yes, you are in a very small minority. 

Grow up.

However, since you asked:

Firstly - it's an added expense and may be difficult to find a testing center in a neighboring country. Even more worrying is the need to make sure you meet the 72 hour deadline, which might be difficult especially during the rainy season, if you travel by road from Myanmar or Laos, where the roads are not good.

If testing positive at the airport or a land border, you get quarantined.

It takes time and is an inconvenience.

It's a restriction on my freedom.

6 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

How about Japan? 

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/east-asia/article/3180990/coronavirus-japan-has-dropped-its-outdoor-mask-mandate-message

Anyway it’s hard to predict. Many people on this forum were predicting that the insurance requirement would never be dropped😚

Yeah I know - not only here but on YT and elsewhere, they insisted insurance wouldn't be dropped and I asked "why?" Other countries have dropped it, including countries like Laos, which used a similar online gateway to Thailand's COE and Thailand Pass, prior to scrapping it, along with the insurance requirement, on May 9th.

However, masks are a different story because they hold almost religious significance in Thailand and their use is mainly intended to control the behavior of Thais, which they've been very successful at doing.

I've known about Japan dropping its outdoor mask mandate some weeks ago.

At this point, most East Asian countries continue to have an indoor mask mandate so I think Thailand's own indoor mandate won't disappear until other countries scrap theirs first, because Thailand is a follower not a leader.

2 minutes ago, Highlandman said:

Grow up.

Firstly - it's an added expense and may be difficult to find a testing center in a neighboring country. Even more worrying is the need to make sure you meet the 72 hour deadline, which might be difficult especially during the rainy season, if you travel by road from Myanmar or Laos, where the roads are not good.

I assume that you don’t want to get vaccinated which would eliminate all the hassles of getting tested.

2 minutes ago, Highlandman said:

However, masks are a different story because they hold almost religious significance in Thailand and their use is mainly intended to control the behavior of Thais, which they've been very successful at doing.

Where did you get that gem from? The funniest thing that I read about masks was in travel advice for Japan which said that you should remove masks at public swimming baths “ whilst in the water”. Just trying to lighten the mood 😄

Edited by Stevejm

12 minutes ago, Highlandman said:

Grow up.

You're free to stay home. Just as you're free to not take a vaccine, so don't complain when your choices have consequences. 

As i said, you're in a very small minority right now, and a very insignificant one at that. 

Thailand is opening up. They want people coming in. It's up to you to meet the requirements of what THEY want. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

If you can't afford the $2 for an ATK, (that you can upload at your leisure on t'internet from anywhere) you're better off staying home in Doncaster!

Is he from Donny? 😂😂😂. What do they say about Yorkshire men and their wallets. Oh wait I shouldn’t propagate regional stereotypes 😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, DonnoAus said:

To quote Life of Brian: "There's no pleasing some people" 

I want the whole enchilada! No restrictions! Come in Natural, like before,not showing proof of vaccinations to get into country !

5 minutes ago, riclag said:

I want the whole enchilada! No restrictions! Come in Natural, like before,not showing proof of vaccinations to get into country !

I take all progress as a positive. The rest will come. Be patient for a bit longer. When I arrived back in Thailand 6 months ago I had to do preflight testing, Test and Go on arrival and pay for insurance so big progress since then.

• Like 1