Notes on using the immigration app for 90 day report

Having just successfully used the Immigration phone app to submit my 90 day report after being rejected on my first attempt I thought I would share some notes in case it helps other members.

1) You have to have already submitted a report manually before you can use the app. The address that you used for the first report will be automatically filled in if you select “use previous address”

2 You have to have previously submitted a TM30 for the same address ( I also used the TM30 App for this purpose)

3 You can submit within 15 days of the expiry of your current notification only ( If you try to do earlier an error message will pop up.)

4. Make sure that you include your mobile number in the entry data ( it will let you submit without it but I suspect that this may be why my first attempt failed)

5 If you are on a TE visa use the date of your current entry permission as the visa expiry date not the TE visa expiry date ( this is the other suspect reason for failure of my first attempt)

6 The GPS location function didn’t work for me but didn’t seem to affect my application.

Hope this is useful to others. I am certainly very happy that I don’t have to go through the usual process ( TE do it for me but it costs 100s in taxi fares to drop and pick up my passport)