News Forum - LGBTQ+ protesters in Thailand want marriage equality, not ‘civil partnerships’

Thaiger

Members of Thailand’s LGBTQ+ community gathered outside parliament today to submit a letter calling for the Cabinet to pass the Marriage Equality Bill. The bill would make Thailand’s marriage laws applicable to any couple, regardless of their gender or sexual orientation. The Marriage Equality bill was previously rejected by the Cabinet, who said it was redundant because they were instead passing the “Civil Partnership Bill,” drafted by the Justice Ministry. The Civil Partnership Bill would allow same-sex couples to register their partnership and recognises many of the same rights and privileges enjoyed by heterosexual couples. If the bill got approved […]

The story LGBTQ+ protesters in Thailand want marriage equality, not ‘civil partnerships’ as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Of course they do …. to normalize their xxxxx status AND erase the normal family structure so xxxxx don’t stand out ( so much ). Next up …. adopting kids they can’t have naturally …. Like unfortunate normal couples …..Only gonna happen in “white guilt” west . 😔😩

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, astro said:

What does any of that weird diatribe have to do with "white guilt west"?

😲🤔

Diversity & inclusion industry alongside gender identity, “words are violence & “ islamophobia” shite. All linked in declining west only.😞😒

I think Oldschooler needs to get help for his/her homophobic behavior.  It is sad that you would show your ignorance on this forum.  I am married to my husband for 11 years.  We have been a couple for 28 years and we do not need, nor want approval from you and your closed mind thinking.  I feel sorry for you.  

• Like 10

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

Of course they do …. to normalize their freak status AND erase the normal family structure so freaks don’t stand out ( so much ). Next up …. adopting kids they can’t have naturally …. Like unfortunate normal couples …..Only gonna happen in “white guilt” west . 😔😩

it's time for your afternoon nap.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, JohnsBKK said:

I think Oldschooler needs to get help for his/her homophobic behavior.  It is sad that you would show your ignorance on this forum.  I am married to my husband for 11 years.  We have been a couple for 28 years and we do not need, nor want approval from you and your closed mind thinking.  I feel sorry for you.  

And maybe you can get help too...

• Cool 1

Marriage is a legal contract primarily designed to protect children resulting from the marriage. Society has a very strong interest in this as it should. The vast majority of these couples will not be raising children. So what’s the point? I’m 62 and been married and divorced. At my age another marriage serves no positive purpose for me. It only gives someone else an interest in my property for no real reason. Why would I do that if kids weren’t involved? Doesn’t matter whether you’re straight or gay. 

• Thanks 2

Marriage is an antiquated institution. Typically a religious construct (which I can do without). Regardless, anytime you need a contract to solidify something, then by design it's expected to fail. I'm sorry, but you will never find me married. I've go enough lawyers in my life as it is. And if the LGBTQ+ community want to be miserable, let them marry too 😂

• Haha 2

1. governments ( "law" makers ), non govern-mental organisations,
religions ( speaking "gods"-words ), etc.
by news, big youtubers ( big promotoers /tech companies ) ) in the world,

and big foundations, support at least some goals of governments
have high corruption. example, pharma health care, what
"gives gender operation.

2. marriage became a busienss long time ago.
and rainbow has 7 colors, not 6 as in that flag. 
what is not respect life"

so most people who criticize anything, not fear,
for example gay people, ladyboy etc.
in other words, to turst or believe what they say, after 2.5 corona years is what ?

Edited by think-and-ask

16 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Of course they do …. to normalize their freak status AND erase the normal family structure so freaks don’t stand out ( so much ). Next up …. adopting kids they can’t have naturally …. Like unfortunate normal couples …..Only gonna happen in “white guilt” west . 😔😩

It's good to see there's something we agree on my friend 😊 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

What's all this tosh about calling LGBetc a 'community' - a word that suggests that they're separate from the rest of us. All the gays I know are fully integrated, normal, hard working people who keep their sex lived private and have a beer in the pub with everyone else.

The ones who bang on about imaginary 'communities' are actually lefty activists,  who are using identity as a revolutionary pretext to reconstitute society, and bring about the downfall of capitalism so they can take over.

Thailand should reject this foreign poison. 

Edited by dbrenn
  • Like 2
  • Cool 1

2 hours ago, dbrenn said:

What's all this tosh about calling LGBetc a 'community' - a word that suggests that they're separate from the rest of us. All the gays I know are fully integrated, normal, hard working people who keep their sex lived private and have a beer in the pub with everyone else.

The term "community" does not indicate something which is seperate, but a joined feature/interest of a group of people.

It's not a suitable hook for the hyperbolic rage with which you persue the subject.

For example: the Christian community in Bangkok - they are fully integrated members of society with all the attributes you mention above.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, astro said:

The term "community" does not indicate something which is seperate, but a joined feature/interest of a group of people.

It's not a suitable hook for the hyperbolic rage with which you persue the subject.

For example: the Christian community in Bangkok - they are fully integrated members of society with all the attributes you mention above.

That all depends on whether the intention and context of using such a word is cohesive or divisive. 

2 hours ago, dbrenn said:

Thailand should reject this foreign poison

Thailand has been accepting of trans and gays for quite some time now. Khatoei regularly are held in high esteem by the straight Thai community. Maybe you are the one Thailand needs to reject. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Angry 1

4 hours ago, Cabra said:

Thailand has been accepting of trans and gays for quite some time now. Khatoei regularly are held in high esteem by the straight Thai community. Maybe you are the one Thailand needs to reject. 

Unless celebrities, no, they are not 🤣

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dbrenn said:

The ones who bang on about imaginary 'communities' are actually lefty activists,  who are using identity as a revolutionary pretext to reconstitute society, and bring about the downfall of capitalism so they can take over.

Thailand should reject this foreign poison. 

They Will, Oscar, They Will👍😒

• Like 1

8 hours ago, think-and-ask said:

1. governments ( "law" makers ), non govern-mental organisations,
religions ( speaking "gods"-words ), etc.
by news, big youtubers ( big promotoers /tech companies ) ) in the world,

and big foundations, support at least some goals of governments
have high corruption. example, pharma health care, what
"gives gender operation.

2. marriage became a busienss long time ago.
and rainbow has 7 colors, not 6 as in that flag. 
what is not respect life"

so most people who criticize anything, not fear,
for example gay people, ladyboy etc.
in other words, to turst or believe what they say, after 2.5 corona years is what ?

Need a “ Confused “ emoji, like that other forum 👍😒☹️ tried but honestly didn’t “get” any of that 😩

5 hours ago, dbrenn said:

That all depends on whether the intention and context of using such a word is cohesive or divisive. 

Always divisive but realistic. Muslim “ community” in UK for example is really a term of derision as such single group doesn’t exist & neither are any of the actual component groups integrated in main UK society other than workplace.

Thatcher famously & correctly stated “ ……no such thing as society” (communities), only individual people.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Always divisive but realistic. Muslim “ community” in UK for example is really a term of derision as such single group doesn’t exist & neither are any of the actual component groups integrated in main UK society other than workplace.

Thatcher famously & correctly stated “ ……no such thing as society” (communities), only individual people.  

Just because she said so, doesn't make it true...

• Cool 1