News Forum - Broadcasting industry request no-mask rule during shoots

Thaiger

The National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission will request a no-mask rule for game and variety television shows’ shootings next week at the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration meeting, according to an NBTC member, Pirongrong Ramasoota. News show presenters have also pushed for the no-mask rule, and will use see-through dividers between them and guests. The request for not wearing face masks, antigen testing, and temperature checks will be included in the changes. Social-distancing measures and risk management procedures for production crews will be updated too. The broadcasting sector has made healthcare a high priority, and many operators have developed routine […]

The story Broadcasting industry request no-mask rule during shoots as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I think the Thai presenters would be just about the only ones in the world wearing masks. They’re sitting 2 metres apart and I’ve been around several with covid and not got it. It seems only when the infected cough or sneeze it’s passed on. Isn’t it time to move on as the rest of the world is doing?

• Like 3

I am disturbed that Thailand was basically the only country in the world where news readers would wear masks on TV. As a result, the country has become the laughing stock of the world and the butt of jokes in other countries.

When not even Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam or China were doing this it says a lot about how far Thai society has sunk into the totalitarian abyss.

The only other countries where I've seen masks or face coverings on screen during Covid are Laos (copying Thailand, but I think they stopped doing this a while ago) and Afghanistan, among women only for religious reasons (they would wear a face covering that shows only their eyes).

Of course, during Covid there have been plenty of examples of mask wearing reporters standing outside all over the world, from China to the USA and Australia but never INSIDE the studio, except in Thailand and that one case I noticed in Laos (Lao Star TV).

• Like 1