News Forum - Chon Buri teacher allegedly injures student with forced excersises

Thaiger

A teacher in Sri Racha district of Chon Buri province has allegedly injured a 12 year old student by forcing her to do 60 squat jumps. The girl’s father says she was hospitalised for 6 days for “a very bad fever and leg pain”. He said his daughter was discharged from the hospital on May 31. The father, 36 year old Surat Pri-Udom, said the teacher punished the entire class of sixth graders with the squat jumps after someone spilled liquid ink on her desk. Surat showed up to Sri Racha Police Station yesterday (Wednesday) to press charges against the […]

The story Chon Buri teacher allegedly injures student with forced excersises as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"she had never believed someone who she trusted to care for her daughter would harm her like this. "

I'm against hitting students, but this is just an exercise. If kids are naughty, something like this should be possible as maximum. 

"A teacher in Sri Racha district of Chon Buri province has allegedly injured a 12 year old student by forcing her to do 60 squat jumps. The girl’s father says she was hospitalised for 6 days for “a very bad fever and leg pain." 

12 years old is Prathom 6/ Mathayom 1.... Come on, I am trying to do my best to feel bad for her, but 60 squat jumps.... Getting a bad fever and leg pain after it.... Leg pain I can understand, but for 6 days in a hospital????? What????😂

Parents like these make kids grow up weak and entitled. These kids will grow up thinking that no one can punish them because mom and dad will solve it.... I've got news for you.... Life doesn't care who it punishes and the future of such kids is going to be reaaaaallly hard if they don't learn now what punishment means.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

"she had never believed someone who she trusted to care for her daughter would harm her like this. "

I'm against hitting students, but this is just an exercise. If kids are naughty, something like this should be possible as maximum. 

"A teacher in Sri Racha district of Chon Buri province has allegedly injured a 12 year old student by forcing her to do 60 squat jumps. The girl’s father says she was hospitalised for 6 days for “a very bad fever and leg pain." 

12 years old is Prathom 6/ Mathayom 1.... Come on, I am trying to do my best to feel bad for her, but 60 squat jumps.... Getting a bad fever and leg pain after it.... Leg pain I can understand, but for 6 days in a hospital????? What????😂

Parents like these make kids grow up weak and entitled. These kids will grow up thinking that no one can punish them because mom and dad will solve it.... I've got news for you.... Life doesn't care who it punishes and the future of such kids is going to be reaaaaallly hard if they don't learn now what punishment means.

There is certainly some hyperbole involved here, as reported. But on it's face, there is little rational for operating a primary school as if it where a military style boot camp. Making the entire class do calisthenics over one person's spilt ink seems a bit much. Not to mention, 60 reps of anything is never easy. At any age. 

2 hours ago, Cabra said:

There is certainly some hyperbole involved here, as reported. But on it's face, there is little rational for operating a primary school as if it where a military style boot camp. Making the entire class do calisthenics over one person's spilt ink seems a bit much. Not to mention, 60 reps of anything is never easy. At any age. 

What we don't know is how the class was the rest of the day or hour😂 I'm a teacher, and sometimes it's the whole class. Then only 1 stupid thing happened and you'll think: enoug!!!! 

60 is certainly a tough one, but.... To end up in a hospital for 6 days with a fever? Even tho it's close to what you call some military boot camp, I think it's certainly a possibility to use for teachers. 

Students (especially here) sometimes just don't want to understand. That's ok and all, but when it's about some basic class rules and they keep behaving naughty, words are not going to change anything. Action will change something. At least it's way better than hitting. 

They learn pretty quickly through this method actually. My class always left the door open while the aircon was on. I asked what exercise I can do to them as punishment. They decided jumping jacks. 1st time 10, 2nd time 20, 3rd time 30,etc.

It took me a whole semester to explain to them to close the door. They kept ignoring it. With the exercise involves, it only took them a few times, and now they follow the rules. 

And before anyone says it's bad... Of course they don't want to do the exercise, but they had some fun and a laugh with it. Especially when it still happens nowadays! 😂

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

What we don't know is how the class was the rest of the day or hour😂 I'm a teacher, and sometimes it's the whole class. Then only 1 stupid thing happened and you'll think: enoug!!!! 

60 is certainly a tough one, but.... To end up in a hospital for 6 days with a fever? Even tho it's close to what you call some military boot camp, I think it's certainly a possibility to use for teachers. 

Students (especially here) sometimes just don't want to understand. That's ok and all, but when it's about some basic class rules and they keep behaving naughty, words are not going to change anything. Action will change something. At least it's way better than hitting. 

They learn pretty quickly through this method actually. My class always left the door open while the aircon was on. I asked what exercise I can do to them as punishment. They decided jumping jacks. 1st time 10, 2nd time 20, 3rd time 30,etc.

It took me a whole semester to explain to them to close the door. They kept ignoring it. With the exercise involves, it only took them a few times, and now they follow the rules. 

And before anyone says it's bad... Of course they don't want to do the exercise, but they had some fun and a laugh with it. Especially when it still happens nowadays! 😂

There is no doubt teaching can be a tough gig when there are many incorrigibles. There certainly needs to be consequences for disruptive behavior. And a little bit of exercise doesn't hurt. When thoughtful applied. 

• Thanks 1