Confused again !!

PADWINA

Hi guys, last time I asked a question Faz was very helpful, sorry I have another question. Me and me Thai wife have just moved into our new cash purchased  home with our son. Before this we were in rented for 12 years. The house is in the wife's  name and her daughter's name jointly. (don't laugh). We have been married for 13 years and if she scamming  me she could easily have done it long ago.  We are trying to get my name on a Tabien Baan (apparently a farang can have a nice yellow one instead of blue)   But the wife went to Chank Wattana who sent her away telling her I needd to go to UK embassy and get some sort of domument  stamped  on embassy form confirming I am a UK citizen. Odd request when she showed them my passport and they can see I have been in Thailand 12 years. Does this mean anything to anyone and most importantly when I go the AIS building in Sathorn (where the wife says I need to go) what exactly do I ask them for?  Is there a name of the document I need or should I just explain it's to get tabien baan? I would be really great for a super fast reply as I am hoping to go there tomorrow.  Many thankyou's. Pat.

• Like 1

Hi Pat,
Read this locked topic on the subject first, then ask any further questions.

Break down in communication, and I think your wife meant the MFA, (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) not AIS.

You'll need to make an appointment at the British Embassy for a certified copy of your Passport.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Faz said:

You'll need to make an appointment at the British Embassy for a certified copy of your Passport.

Sadly this is actually correct. I had to do the same.

I then had to pay the village headman and two witnesses of his choosing to accompany me to the local government office (forget the name now) where my application was processed. 

Took about an hour and a half. As we drove back one of the witnesses actually said to my then wife that she could call round our house any time she wanted and decide if she wanted to remove her support from my application. It was basically a scam to say she will turn up every so often and demand money. This was a local school teacher!

Anyway, when the wife explained this to me she was told thats not going to happen.

Now I have no idea if you will be faced with the same issue but just be advised it may happen.

4 hours ago, PADWINA said:

Hi guys, last time I asked a question Faz was very helpful, sorry I have another question. Me and me Thai wife have just moved into our new cash purchased  home with our son. Before this we were in rented for 12 years. The house is in the wife's  name and her daughter's name jointly. (don't laugh). We have been married for 13 years and if she scamming  me she could easily have done it long ago.  We are trying to get my name on a Tabien Baan (apparently a farang can have a nice yellow one instead of blue)   But the wife went to Chank Wattana who sent her away telling her I needd to go to UK embassy and get some sort of domument  stamped  on embassy form confirming I am a UK citizen. Odd request when she showed them my passport and they can see I have been in Thailand 12 years. Does this mean anything to anyone and most importantly when I go the AIS building in Sathorn (where the wife says I need to go) what exactly do I ask them for?  Is there a name of the document I need or should I just explain it's to get tabien baan? I would be really great for a super fast reply as I am hoping to go there tomorrow.  Many thankyou's. Pat.

When following the excellent Faz Guide article by first visiting the Municipal WITH your Thai Lady as Essential Blue Book Sponsor / Translator / Witness, with all specified docs immediately to hand, go to Civil Registration office to secure the formal written Yellow Book requirements list, which might follow a qualification interview with Deputy Mayor (as my process). 

It’s entirely possible that you get a very common flat refusal to do it so be prepared for that as some Municipal just don’t do YBs. 

If you are clear to proceed you can use the Embassy Online Postal Service to secure your certified Passport copy then take that to a translation agency to arrange MFA certification. Same agency will make the later Witness Statements Translations. 

You might need a Forensic Police Clearance Letter.Municipal will give you a request form to take there. 

You might need a Birth Certificate and / or Second Thai Witness. 

Be prepared to wait up to 12 weeks to complete ( as I did).

You might also to face bizarre possibly humiliating questions about your family in UK including any former wives. They will cross check with the Wife in Thai so get stories straight in advance. You will then need to write down all their names. 

Being married to Thai you will avoid her getting any humiliation treatment ( unlike myself). 

Once you have the YB in your hands you can ignore any empty threats or conditions to cancel it on computer.

get the pink ID at once ! Job done. 

10 hours ago, oldschooler said:

It’s entirely possible that you get a very common flat refusal to do it so be prepared for that as some Municipal just don’t do YBs.

I can second this after trying 3 times at my local office to be told 'not for farang'. They give them out daily for migrant workers.

12 hours ago, Saltire said:

I can second this after trying 3 times at my local office to be told 'not for farang'. They give them out daily for migrant workers.

That’s the pink is cards …. I mean the prior Yellow House Book

As Faz’s linked thread outlines you will have to visit your Amphoe initially , their requirements vary from Amphoe to Amphoe.

Many yellow book stories exist ranging from:

Basic documents requested ( passport and visa details etc )

A never ending list of strange unnecessary documents (divorce or financial status etc).

An outright refusal to issue the yellow book.

A certified copy of passport from your Embassy, translated by the MFA is a common request but only your Amphoe can give you their list of requirements.

On 6/8/2022 at 10:04 PM, Rookiescot said:

Took about an hour and a half.

Don't take this the wrong way please.

I got mine about 8 years ago at the local Amphoe district office, same office the wife has to renew the Thai ID card at, We had to get a paper signed by our local village boss(elected official) and take it back, then she yelled at them a couple of times and it was handed over in about 20 minutes. 👍

I do not recommend this version of (fast service), as most government offices may offer a pay for fast service.🙂 It used to be called 'priorty service'