News Forum - New tax law could provide spark to Thailand’s global EV hub dream

Thaiger

A new tax law introduced today could provide the spark to realize Thailand’s global electric vehicle hub dream. The Excise Department in Bangkok revealed a law governing the reduction of the EV tax from 8% to 2% will be published tomorrow in the Royal Gazette and come into effect on Friday, after the Council of State finished vetting the law, and Finance Minister Arkhom Termpittayapaisith signing it into law. Department spokesman Nattakorn Utensut Nattakorn says now the law is in effect, more EV manufacturers will want to sign deals with the government to jointly promote EV adoption in Thailand. “I […]

The story New tax law could provide spark to Thailand’s global EV hub dream as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

13 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Pay less tax on something I don’t want to buy? Perfect! 

Yeah same here, But it may open up Tesla manufacturing here as well as China, maybe,one day?

Thailand is a huge manufacturer and exporter of motor vehicles, this may help.

Not sure electric cars are good for thai people it take some planing when and where to charge and planning is not a strong quality among thai  

5 minutes ago, Grant said:

Anything to do with Tesla & Elaine Musk Is Anti Democracy & all about corporate greed!

We are talking about Thailand you know? I think became a democracy in the 1990's i could be wrong🍿