News Forum - 5 million Indian tourists in Pattaya this year? TAT predicts it.

Thaiger

The Tourism Authority of Thailand is once again making optimistic predictions about Indian tourists arriving in the Kingdom, this time in Pattaya! TAT officials announced yesterday that TAT expects 5 million tourists to visit Pattaya by the end of this 2022. Not Thailand overall, but Pattaya alone! Just last week, TAT said that its goal for the number of Indian tourists in Thailand overall was 3,000 per day this year. While Indians make up Thailand’s biggest tourist group this year, the total number of Indians arriving in Thailand between January 1 and May 24 was 100,884. That time period is […]

The story 5 million Indian tourists in Pattaya this year? TAT predicts it. as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Does anyone really listen to these crazy predictions the current administration gives? Aren’t they just a way to pat themselves on the back and then if they don’t work out, then, “mai bpen rai”?

• Like 1

I just came back from 1 day Pattaya, and I confirm that Indian men walk around on walking street. But they did not really look like the quality tourists TAT is targeting.

16 minutes ago, dimitri said:

I just came back from 1 day Pattaya, and I confirm that Indian men walk around on walking street. But they did not really look like the quality tourists TAT is targeting.

You should get out more, try the beaches or something like that.😛

Did you see many at the Dusit Thani resort?

6 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand is once again making optimistic predictions about Indian tourists arriving in the Kingdom, this time in Pattaya! TAT officials announced yesterday that TAT expects

5 Billion Indian Tourists to visit Pattaya by the end of the week, in two days time. It’s true, their magic calculator told them so! Just like all them other correct predictions. As TAT calculator does not lie!

4 hours ago, Thaidup said:

You should get out more, try the beaches or something like that.😛

Did you see many at the Dusit Thani resort?

I would not go to Pattaya for the beaches. Did it once, but it was too dirty.

I had time for a quick walk on walking street. What a desolate and shabby mess. I think half of the tourists came from India. They looked unkempt and dingy. I wonder how those people could pay for their tickets.

I have never been a fan of Pattaya.

• Like 2

I have about 10-15 Indian friends, who I’ve got to know over the years I’ve been here. They are good men and women.

However I find most Indian tourists rude, cheap Charlie’s and cannot walk alone. They have to walk in a group.

1. How do so many gold chains go missing, when they cannot walk alone?

2. The friends I have made adapted to the Thai culture and are friendly, polite and accepted me into their family. I understand there are bad people in every country but rudeness is not acceptable and I can see Pattaya going back to pre-covid instead of learning and moving forward.

3. None of the above was meant to offend anyone 

After a recent 10 day stay in Pattaya I can confirm that the majority of tourists seems to be Indian. Groups of 4 to many more, mostly men, cruising the soi's. Made me wonder where the wives were? Back in India or shopping for dinner in the 7/11?

Having said that I saw one coach with Indian families, including small children.

As for wallking street I agree with 'shabby mess', but I did notice 2 large Indian Clubs (It said so over the door). There was even a small queue at the entrance to one.

Tree Town and SOi 6 were the busiest areas imo. Tourism IS coming back, but slowly.

Edited by Saltire