GMT Live | Bangkok Covid situation, Klongtoey slums, Sandbox squabbles

Thaiger

In today’s episode Tim and Bill talk with Greg Lange from Bangkok regarding the covid situation in Bangkok and the Klongtoey slums. We discuss the latest news regarding the Phuket sandbox and the challenges it is facing before the July 1st re-opening. For more information on the Bangkok Community Help Foundation, or would like to donate, click here… https://bangkokcommunityhelp.com  

The post GMT Live | Bangkok Covid situation, Klongtoey slums, Sandbox squabbles appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Not really accurate to call klong Toey a slum.

There are some poor housing areas in Klong Toey as there are in some other Bangkok districts  but not all of the district is impoverished.  It also has some higher end housing and businesses. 

My wife and I drove to Bangkok early this Sunday morning for my 90-day checkup with my cardiologist. When asked about the availability of the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines, his best guess was the 4th quarter of this year or 1st quarter of next. The Thai made AstraZeneca vaccine won’t be widely available until the Thai pharmaceutical company making the vaccine ramps up to full production. When? Your guess is as good as mine.

Bangkok is locked down and the Asian Highway was full of people heading north, home to their villages, more likely than not bringing the virus with some of them.

• Like 1