News Forum - Sexy makeover of Thai wealth goddess ‘Nang Kwak’ goes viral

Thaiger

A tattoo artist’s controversial sexy makeover of a Thai goddess on his Facebook page has gone viral. Tattoo artist Ajarn Joe changed the traditional costume on a Thai wealth goddess, ‘Nang Kwak,’ to a sexy dress and it lit the blue touch paper on social media. The response to the post has been mixed, with some passionately defending the makeover while others think it is sacrilege and inappropriate. The goddess of wealth and luck, or Nang Kwak, is presented in a statue or amulet of a woman in a beckoning gesture. Nang means women, and Kwak means beckoning. The figure […]

The story Sexy makeover of Thai wealth goddess ‘Nang Kwak’ goes viral as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Too bad the scale isn't clear from the cover photo. Now I can't tell if ball in there (the one painted goldish) is  of the ping pong variety.

7 minutes ago, Chatogaster said:

Too bad the scale isn't clear from the cover photo. Now I can't tell if ball in there (the one painted goldish) is  of the ping pong variety.

who cares ? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

who cares ? 

People who consider that association sacrilegious, but are unable to empathize enough to understand what the original fuss is about. No thanks needed, just happy to help.

6 minutes ago, Chatogaster said:

People who consider that association sacrilegious, but are unable to empathize enough to understand what the original fuss is about. No thanks needed, just happy to help.

Not sure that I understand your post,  but good for you, but I still don't care.  I am slightly  surprised that I bothered to respond to the subject in the first place,  it must be a slow old day. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Not sure that I understand your post,  but good for you, but I still don't care.  I am slightly  surprised that I bothered to respond to the subject in the first place,  it must be a slow old day. 

I agree that it's a subject worth little attention at first sight, but not when you delve a bit deeper.

Almost everybody gets upset when something held sacred (it could be anything, like a personal belief, not just limited to religious beliefs) is put in a context that subjectively seems to tarnish that sacricity, as irrelevant as that context may be.

Ideally however, everybody should realize that (artificial) connotations don't matter. In practice, it's rather the opposite that happens :-( So, even though I don't personally care one way or the other about the perceived sexiness of the statue or ping-ponginess of the ball, I do realize it's a touchy subject and that many people feel offended as a result. Because of that, I'm not a fan of the statue and I tried to explain that in a one-liner via a hyperbole. It was intended as both a joke as well as a trigger to get people thinking.

I'll admit I left the latter aspect a bit too much as an exercise to the reader. I'll try to do better.

Edited by Chatogaster
Added some missing letters
  • Like 2

Well done . Looked at something old and dated and revitalised it to reflect the modern anatomy of Thai women, (many more now have boobs, 50 years ago nada) added the good fortune aspect and now making money. Very innovative and rewarded with international sales.

There is a drama queen Nong Olive who is claiming this is a copy of her selling her crappy toyko pancakes in CNX.as she would show her body like this to sell them...I love that she is getting zero bt but still gets the lifelong reputation of looking like a ho in conservative thai society up north.....Karma came a calling.....555