Extension based on having Thai wife

Hi, sorry if this has been asked many times but hopefully a simple question. For the last few years I have applied for a 1 year extension as I have a Thai son. Endless paperwork and odd requests not listed on the list of requirements form. A friend said I  was mad and it's much simpler to apply for the extension based on just having a Thai wife (which I have and we have been legally married in Thailand for 10 years).  If this is the case would somebody be able to give me a definitive list of what my great friends at Chang Wattana are going to insist on. And if I could the application form that I will need as well please ?  Thankyou very much in advance.

Cheers.Pat

Edited by PADWINA
grammar

1 minute ago, PADWINA said:

Hi, sorry if this has been asked many times but hopefully a simple question. For the few years I have applied for a 1 year extension as I have a Thai son. Endless paperwork and odd requests not listed on the list of requirements form. A friend said I  was mad and it's much simpler to apply for the extension based on just having a Thai wife (which I have and we have been legally married in Thailand for 10 years).  If this is the case would somebody be able to give me a definitive list of what my great friends at Chang Wattana are going to insist on. And if I could the application form that I will need as well please ?  Thankyou very much in advance.

Cheers.Pat

Just do a Retirement extension provided you have the funds available.  It's easy and avoids all the Marriage paperwork.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PADWINA said:

Thanks. Unfortunately don't have the 800k in my account. Just the 400k.

Start saving, you said you have been married 10 years, 400,000 over 10 years, 40,000 a year, 3,333 a month,  or 800 baht a week, It aint that hard mate, especially broken down into dollars, Not being nasty just realistic.👍