Favorite bar in Thailand (Off the beaten track)

BigHewer

What’s your favorite bar in Thailand? How did you find it? Why is it your favorite? 

Some of the best spots are out of the spotlight, hidden away, but tick all the boxes. Share your favorites here.

• Like 1

Country bar in Udon. Fantastic staff. Reasonable prices. Music is not too loud and you can play your own choice by using the keyboard. Very clean. Never any problems in there because the owner simply does not put up with nonsense. Food is good and freshly prepared. 

But mostly its because of the clientele who go in there. Great bunch of people from all walks of life.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Country bar in Udon. Fantastic staff. Reasonable prices. Music is not too loud and you can play your own choice by using the keyboard. Very clean. Never any problems in there because the owner simply does not put up with nonsense. Food is good and freshly prepared. 

But mostly its because of the clientele who go in there. Great bunch of people from all walks of life.

Nice one RS. I was trying to find this place so I can bookmark it for when I’m next in town. Is it the same as “The Country Grill” on Adulyadet Rd or somewhere else?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Nice one RS. I was trying to find this place so I can bookmark it for when I’m next in town. Is it the same as “The Country Grill” on Adulyadet Rd or somewhere else?

No it is opposite the day/night car park on Soi Samphan.

• Thanks 1

I don’t know how many bars in Thailand I’ve been to (nobody reading these does 😁😎), but a few regional watering holes stand out for me:

1. George and Dragon Pub, Nakhon Ratchasima. Good atmosphere, great location, friendly and knowledgeable locals.

2. Blues Sports Bar, Khon Kaen. Best pick in town by miles. Nice transition throughout the day from hearty breakfast, peaceful sundowner to rocking late on. Doesn’t matter when you turn up.

3. UN Irish Pub, Chiang Mai. Inside, outside, roadside, beer garden, counter, whatever you like. Great food and best pub quiz in Thailand on Thursdays. Not really off the beaten track but deserves a mention.

My fav is the local noodle shop/bar beer. Lovely people and a family full of eye candy👍 Seriously all of the women could be in one those sexy Thai girl calender's, The whole family are oriental beauties.😛

• 1 month later...

Crazy Gringos in Ao Nang is a good place for a fun night.

Live music by a really nice South African fellow (Drum, guitar and singer) and his partner (she has a beautiful voice), he is funny as F*&K when he puts his Tina Turner wig on.

We went back every night as it was such good fun.

• Like 1