Jump to content

News Forum - Decriminalisation of cannabis in Thailand: Can I get high or not?


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

As “Ganja Day” approaches on June 9, Thailand’s Ministry of Health wants to be clear about one thing: Smoking cannabis recreationally is a criminal offence punishable by three months imprisonment. Cannabis smoke has been written into new legislation as a “public nuisance,” allowing anyone annoyed by the smell of cannabis smoke to report the culprit, who can go to prison for up to 3 months if found guilty. On June 9, all parts of cannabis and hemp plants – including leaves, barks, body, fibres, branches, roots, seeds and inflorescences – will be delisted as a Category 5 narcotic, essentially decriminalising […]

The story Decriminalisation of cannabis in Thailand: Can I get high or not? as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The best way I can describe this is that having cannabis is legal but smoking cannabis is not.

So if you were to use it in some cakes for example it would be OK. Or some tea. Or you could just swallow it. But the smoking part is the issue. Smoking is bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

The best way I can describe this is that having cannabis is legal but smoking cannabis is not.

So if you were to use it in some cakes for example it would be OK. Or some tea. Or you could just swallow it. But the smoking part is the issue. Smoking is bad.

The west took 30-40 years for people to understand that yes. Smoking is bad.🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

The best way I can describe this is that having cannabis is legal but smoking cannabis is not.

So if you were to use it in some cakes for example it would be OK. Or some tea. Or you could just swallow it. But the smoking part is the issue. Smoking is bad.

With hope this will stop being a bad dream. Buds over alcohol beverages is a better way. And at the least not taking anything away from those who choose to continue to consume alcohol. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Thaidup said:

The west took 30-40 years for people to understand that yes. Smoking is bad.🙂

 Are you speaking of smoking cigarettes Please clarify

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, AmbientMopar said:

 Are you speaking of smoking cigarettes Please clarify

Yes, Im making a pun joke👍

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Thaidup said:

The west took 30-40 years for people to understand that yes. Smoking is bad.🙂

Smoking Bad AR 15's good.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

why is it when the government (not just this one) is moving in the right direction (cannabis legalization) it inches forward but when its doing something evil/wrong it is able to move quickly.

Just legalize it and be done with it 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I will take that as a win then.

The topic is about Marijuana use, My comment was about how smoking has been proven to be unhealthy, It was a light pun joke on the term "smoking" a term commonly used by those that indulge in marijuana usage.

If you have a problem with me than it may be a better position for you to simply ignore my posts or put me on block, I will not take any offense.

Here is a 40 year study on Marijuana smoking, to provide some context.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23846283/

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

why is it when the government (not just this one) is moving in the right direction (cannabis legalization) it inches forward but when its doing something evil/wrong it is able to move quickly.

Just legalize it and be done with it 

The issue becomes then, the cost of policing "high" people driving cars, bikes ,trucks and buses etc. the cost of testing etc, I think would be a major factor, remembering that Thailand only started booze testing of motorists in the last 5 years or so, Just an opinion, ok👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Thaidup said:

The topic is about Marijuana use, My comment was about how smoking has been proven to be unhealthy, It was a light pun joke on the term "smoking" a term commonly used by those that indulge in marijuana usage.

If you have a problem with me than it may be a better position for you to simply ignore my posts or put me on block, I will not take any offense.

Here is a 40 year study on Marijuana smoking, to provide some context.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23846283/

A pun? No it wasn't. It was you simply giving vent to your personal views over any form of smoking.

All I did was point out the hypocrisy of your person beliefs. 

Happy to help.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Thaidup said:

The issue becomes then, the cost of policing "high" people driving cars, bikes ,trucks and buses etc. the cost of testing etc, I think would be a major factor, remembering that Thailand only started booze testing of motorists in the last 5 years or so, Just an opinion, ok👍

Do you seriously believe there haven't been any "high" people driving (or working jobs) without legalisation? 😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, astro said:

Do you seriously believe there haven't been any "high" people driving (or working jobs) without legalisation? 😂

No, Then I ask, that Bus driver from BKK to Phuket, Do you want him tested for legal drugs every now and again? They don't even test them for alcohol, and can you imagine a "high" bus driver going through the esses, woohoo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

I will take that as a win then.

is posting ones opinion a competition here???  what did you "win"...and why are AR-15s "good"?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, PapayaBokBok said:

is posting ones opinion a competition here???  what did you "win"...and why are AR-15s "good"?

Perhaps you could read my post again?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they legalized smoking weed WITH >0.2% THC, then that would probably solve much of the speeding problem on the roads and therefore decrease the death rate from accidents. Unless of course those drivers started getting hit from behind by the people who weren’t smoking 😂🤣

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

The best way I can describe this is that having cannabis is legal but smoking cannabis is not.

So if you were to use it in some cakes for example it would be OK. Or some tea. Or you could just swallow it. But the smoking part is the issue. Smoking is bad.

This is how it was in Las Vegas before moving to Thailand. Yet you could smoke inside your home or front & backyards. Now lounges are opening up for tokeing. ...  California was a much different animal. Lets get to Legalized puffing here here in The Land of Smiles... Also make that proposed rule/law of if you smell Cannabis and don't like the smell call 5'0  to report  someone. Fore many can and will be caught up in the cross fires leading to many being falsely accused.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Thaidup said:

The topic is about Marijuana use, My comment was about how smoking has been proven to be unhealthy, It was a light pun joke on the term "smoking" a term commonly used by those that indulge in marijuana usage.

If you have a problem with me than it may be a better position for you to simply ignore my posts or put me on block, I will not take any offense.

Here is a 40 year study on Marijuana smoking, to provide some context.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23846283/

Thaidup not a problem. Speak your chosen choice of words....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, AmbientMopar said:

This is how it was in Las Vegas before moving to Thailand. Yet you could smoke inside your home or front & backyards. Now lounges are opening up for tokeing. ...  California was a much different animal. Lets get to Legalized puffing here here in The Land of Smiles... Also make that proposed rule/law of if you smell Cannabis and don't like the smell call 5'0  to report  someone. Fore many can and will be caught up in the cross fires leading to many being falsely accused.

But you can't smoke fags in a pub? And the smell is very distintive, LOL, 5.0 would be be stoned just from the fumes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Thaidup said:

No, Then I ask, that Bus driver from BKK to Phuket, Do you want him tested for legal drugs every now and again? They don't even test them for alcohol, and can you imagine a "high" bus driver going through the esses, woohoo.

Not sure what you are trying to say.

Driving while "high" should be illegal just as driving drunk is, if that answers whatever concern is on your mind. Just had a smoke or what's up?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Thaidup said:

The west took 30-40 years for people to understand that yes. Smoking is bad.🙂

At least they are finally getting it... still not happening here!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Thaidup said:

The topic is about Marijuana use, My comment was about how smoking has been proven to be unhealthy, It was a light pun joke on the term "smoking" a term commonly used by those that indulge in marijuana usage.

If you have a problem with me than it may be a better position for you to simply ignore my posts or put me on block, I will not take any offense.

Here is a 40 year study on Marijuana smoking, to provide some context.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23846283/

Many things are unhealthy, it does not make them illegal. And most of these things are when you use them in excess, including marijuana. If you smoke a joint once in a while, it is literally harmless unless you have mental issues in the first place. Smoke all day long for many years, and it is very probable that you get into trouble. That works the same way than all the other unhealthy things in excess, coffee, junk food, processed food, sodas, etc... etc... Using this argument to either legalise or not marijuana is hypocrotical... a political argument basically. Not to mention that being illegal means that marijuana is manufactured by criminals that mix it up with all sorts of chemicals to make people more addictive, higher, etc... Legalise it and this can be controlled. And it would be huge revenues for governements, revenues that can be used for many good things (in an ideal World)...like tools to prevent all sorts of addictions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 13

      What did you listen to today?

    2. 2

      News Forum - Thai man arrested for special needs girl sexual abuse

    3. 15

      Wise demanding detailed personal and financial information

    4. 6

      News Forum - Thai man arrested for pimping out 16 year old boy to sex creator

    5. 6

      News Forum - Thai man arrested for pimping out 16 year old boy to sex creator

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use