News Forum - Shooting in Oklahoma kills 4

Thaiger

9 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Because they are in favor of disarming legal gun owners

Aren't you exaggerating just a little bit? 🤣

americans need guns in case that no good varmint jessie james rides in and starts shooting up the townsfolk. also, you never know when the injuns will start an uprising and the commanches start scalping everybody.  billy the kid could shoot the eye outn a rattler at 300 yards with an ar-15.  many traditions involved.

7 minutes ago, astro said:

Aren't you exaggerating just a little bit? 🤣

No. They will naturally go for the registered ( legal) gun owners first to falsely show “progress”. 😎Didn’t say “ all” which would then warrant the exaggeration claim 😉

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hondo said:

americans need guns in case that no good varmint jessie james rides in and starts shooting up the townsfolk. also, you never know when the injuns will start an uprising and the commanches start scalping everybody.  billy the kid could shoot the eye outn a rattler at 300 yards with an ar-15.  many traditions involved.

Many illegally- armed criminal drug addicts involved too …..try stopping those with a few strong words 😩

• Like 1

Guns are terrible, that is unless someone is trying to break into your house at 2 in the morning and, you know what, they ain't so bad after all.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

8 hours ago, Smithydog said:

An interesting opinion piece from an ex-police officer, gun owner and seller on the AR-15.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/06/05/opinions/guns-ar-15-uvalde-school-shooting-fanone/index.html

Why do people buy it? Seems limited in use and not for the reasons being stated by some in the news. To me, his suggested solution also sounds quite reasonable, if state laws back it up.

These are the type of people who should be talking about solutions in the US, not the politicians and the lobby groups funding them. Police and responsible gun owners need to be involved and provide the expert knowledge to create suitable standards that can be monitored and enforced.

A very well written anti-gun statement. I would expect no less from CNN.

"But it's far more power than should ever be in the hands of the average civilian."

Seeing as how that is a lower-powered rifle cartridge, How long after banning a AR15 will it be before other "more powerful calibers" are banned, because the "average citizen" doesn't need?

"his suggested solution also sounds quite reasonable"

I agree - until you look at the history of firearms laws, and bills over the last decades.  When you look at what biden has promoted in the past, and the idiotic comments he has made - "We need more gun laws because we don't have the time to enforce the existing laws" - It gives law-abiding gun owners a pause. And when biden endorses such as this, you know what his aim is.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/biden-says-beto-o-rourke-141650776.html

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Guns are terrible, that is unless someone is trying to break into your house at 2 in the morning and, you know what, they ain't so bad after all.

Unless you just shot your son or daughter coming home drunk from a party. 😉

Just now, astro said:

Unless you just shot your son or daughter coming home drunk from a party. 😉

My children are still youngsters and in bed, I am a lone lady with deep veined thrombosis and all of my fingers on my left hand are missing after an attack just 4 weeks ago, but the 20 stone giant did gain entry and luckily I managed to blow his brains out. It was discovered later that he was an escapee from the local penitentiary and the Sheriff said to me in confidence that this would not have happened if we had topped him after his trial. 😃

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

I am a lone lady with deep veined thrombosis and all of my fingers on my left hand are missing after an attack just 4 weeks ago

Yeah, sure! 😂

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, AndynPhuong said:

A very well written anti-gun statement. I would expect no less from CNN.

"But it's far more power than should ever be in the hands of the average civilian."

Seeing as how that is a lower-powered rifle cartridge, How long after banning a AR15 will it be before other "more powerful calibers" are banned, because the "average citizen" doesn't need?

"his suggested solution also sounds quite reasonable"

I agree - until you look at the history of firearms laws, and bills over the last decades.  When you look at what biden has promoted in the past, and the idiotic comments he has made - "We need more gun laws because we don't have the time to enforce the existing laws" - It gives law-abiding gun owners a pause. And when biden endorses such as this, you know what his aim is.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/biden-says-beto-o-rourke-141650776.html

Regardless of who he wrote for, he has experience. But like many Americans it seems you are not prepared to deal with a problem that does not exist to the same level in other major countries. Why not? Are you so obsessed with your party politics and hatred of anything that possibly may be bi-partisan that you will do nothing to stop the senseless killing of children?

For god's sake. One Politician is talking about doors. What? Do you think doors don't exist in other countries? They don't have gunman with semi-automatics coming through doors. In one school shooting, the gunman came through the windows next to the locked doors.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/maddowblog/latest-school-shooting-ted-cruz-focuses-doors-rcna30630

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/gunman-kills-students-and-adults-at-newtown-connecticut-elementary-school

Unless Americans with some common sense can start overcoming these party partisan statements, nothing will change and kids will still be killed. Time for some to get their heads out of the sand and stop whatever they are drinking or whatever they are hypnotised by.

Do something other than talk. Make a start. Someone must.

Gun grabbers in The US are no different to do-gooders and tree huggers in European Countries a minority off well of People that don't live in high crime areas thinking they know best for everyone else.

Very similar to open Borders activist and the Extinction Rebellion activists in The UK thinking they know best for everyone else when problems don't effect their everyday lives. 

• Like 4

"Are you so obsessed with your party politics and hatred of anything that possibly may be bi-partisan that you will do nothing to stop the senseless killing of children?"

Thanks for assuming I'm a die hard republican. I'm not. I am, and have been disgusted with both political parties for a long time.

We're actually dealing with one political party that has nixed security for schools, with the desire for more gun laws. These politicians have security where they work - why not schools?

I'm all for "actual" common sense laws, and enforcement of these laws. If you've read some of my other comments, and my last comments - We have a president that says we can't enforce the laws we have - so we need more laws. Think about that comment. This is from the current President of the US. What a idiotic statement. In the past, he also said he told his wife that if someone was messing around their house, to "stick the shotgun out the window, and shoot a couple shells into the air". Really? In addition to being just stupid, that is possibly illegal. In addressing the nation after the texas tragedy, he lied on national TV about his contribution to the assault weapon ban, and the effect it had. 

"Time for some to get their heads out of the sand and stop whatever they are drinking or whatever they are hypnotised by."

Agreed. Some of the items in the bills being debated are "already" illegal. According the the government's own figures, the govt. has failed to enforce these laws. 

Don't you think the citizens are correct to be concerned with what the government is doing, and what their end game is?

Even at the (wicked, evil) NRA convention, many members were of the mind to "have a rational discussion and maybe we can come up with a compromise"

Do I have a answer, not really. Not as long politicians can possibly get some more election votes and campaign donations by "appearing to stand up for their constituents".