News Forum - Johnny Depp awarded over US$10 million in defamation case victory against ex-wife

Thaiger

10 hours ago, Vigo said:

Please read the judgement. The judgements show a completely different outcome than that which you say.

1. Heard PERSONALLY was found to have defamed Depp in three separate statements that she made. Her allegations were not sustained and much of which she said was shown as untrue, such as her claim that Depp flung a defenceless Kate Moss down a flight of stairs. No witnesses to the event, and 20 years later, Moss shows up to say under oath that the event never happened.

2. Depp was NOT found to have defamed Heard. What was decided was that a lawyer for Depp had  injured Heard because the LAWYER  described heard's statements as a hoax. Although a relatively mild allegation, when a lawyer makes such a statement it is treated seriously. It is most likely the lawyer who will have to address this $2 million financial penalty within the legal fees charged as it was the lawyer responsible.

3. The judge did not reduce any compensation. On the contrary, the jury awarded punitive damages as a statement of injury despite the state capping punitive awards at $350,000.  State law does not allow for larger punitive awards. The judge's reduction of the award is not a reflection of opinion.

Heard's legal team attempted a character assassination against an emotionally vulnerable man who for all intents and purposes is still an uneducated trailer park product from Kentucky/Florida overwhelmed by his earlier fame. 

Heard was exposed as unreliable, malicious and deceitful. Depp was shown to be an affable irresponsible drunk with multiple emotional weaknesses, of whom too many have exploited and taken advantage of. 

I don't really care about either of them, so your reply to me is just one more wasted post. 

On 6/4/2022 at 10:06 AM, Pinetree said:

I don't really care about either of them, so your reply to me is just one more wasted post. 

Then don't make inaccurate biased statements.

• Like 1