News Forum - Bangkok named one of the world’s worst cities for work-life balance

Thaiger

Bangkok is just barely above the bottom of a list of 100 cities across the globe ranked for their work-life balance. Thailand’s capital came in at 96th place on the list. The 4 cities in the world with a worse work-life balance than Bangkok are Sao Paolo, Kuala Lumpur, Dubai, and Cape Town. On the flipside, the cities with the world’s best work-life balance are Oslo, Bern, Helsinki, Zurich, and Copenhagen. The rankings are part of the Work/Life Balance Index by Kisi, a software company. Last year, Kisi ranked Bangkok 49th place out of 50 cities. Kisi ranked cities by […]

The story Bangkok named one of the world’s worst cities for work-life balance as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This change every day not long ago they tell its the best city to work and stay i know its thailand but i just wish one people tell the true

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Prosaap said:

This change every day not long ago they tell its the best city to work and stay i know its thailand but i just wish one people tell the true

If you are looking for the truth, you might have to look somewhere else...

• Like 1

Married to a teacher and the hours she puts in would put a western labour union official into Apoplexia (respiratory/heart failure). 

Normal day is 7-7:30am till 4:30 and she gives a phone number to all her students to ring her if they have problems with homework. (Latest caller has been 9:30pm)

For 3 days next month there is an inter school "thing" at her school and she will be expected to be on school grounds at 7am and cannot expect to leave till 8pm. NO extra pay.

Chuck in the Saturdays she works also to make things right for her students, for a double degree, one a masters, she is paid shit and treated worse. 

• Like 2

I understand what you say but people get payed by the country standard even in europa pay like a 35% or more to rent here its the same but if you compare to euro standards it looks low its about the priority's you want to live they say not have money for food but want a 20.000 bath phone its same like i want a helicopter or a mega yacht  specialy thai never have enough they always look at people have more and want the same  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, palooka said:

Married to a teacher and the hours she puts in would put a western labour union official into Apoplexia (respiratory/heart failure). 

Normal day is 7-7:30am till 4:30 and she gives a phone number to all her students to ring her if they have problems with homework. (Latest caller has been 9:30pm)

For 3 days next month there is an inter school "thing" at her school and she will be expected to be on school grounds at 7am and cannot expect to leave till 8pm. NO extra pay.

Chuck in the Saturdays she works also to make things right for her students, for a double degree, one a masters, she is paid shit and treated worse. 

Schools are brutal. Tthye give you a holiday and then they take it back somehwere else along the line to make it up. Teaching is one heck of a great thing to do but also not fair as well in many respects. 

But let me ask you this... Does she love her job or not?

17 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Bangkok is just barely above the bottom of a list of 100 cities across the globe ranked for their work-life balance. Thailand’s capital came in at 96th place on the list. The 4 cities in the world with a worse work-life balance than Bangkok are Sao Paolo, Kuala Lumpur, Dubai, and Cape Town. On the flipside, the cities with the world’s best work-life balance are Oslo, Bern, Helsinki, Zurich, and Copenhagen. The rankings are part of the Work/Life Balance Index by Kisi, a software company. Last year, Kisi ranked Bangkok 49th place out of 50 cities. Kisi ranked cities by […]

The number of paper forms Thai people like to work with could be the number 1 reason for this intensity and craziness.

The matrix should pair it with productivity ..... long hours does not mean productive.

7 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Schools are brutal. Tthye give you a holiday and then they take it back somehwere else along the line to make it up. Teaching is one heck of a great thing to do but also not fair as well in many respects. 

But let me ask you this... Does she love her job or not?

Loves teaching but as she gets older the more disenchanted she is becoming.

• Like 1