News Forum - Foreign arrivals in April show things are looking up for tourism, the economy

Thaiger

Things are looking up for the Thai economy, thanks to an increase in foreign and domestic tourism in April, according to the Bank of Thailand. The Bangkok Post also reports a year-on-year increase in consumer spending during the month of April. The easing of travel restrictions has brought more foreign tourists to the kingdom, with numbers up from 210,836 in March to 293,350 in April. However, the number of tourists arriving from Russia and elsewhere in Eastern Europe has fallen, as a result of Russia’s war on Ukraine. Chayawadee Chai-Anant from the central bank says the economy has been given […]

The story Foreign arrivals in April show things are looking up for tourism, the economy as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 minute ago, JustAnotherExpat said:

The GOOD news: Lots more tourists.

The BAD news: Most are from India.

8 Indian guys in the queue in front of me at Subway, which is slow at the best of times.  Gave up in the end and missed out on my weekly tuna sub.  It doesnt make me feel any more friendly to these new comers. 

those huge spender indians will really get the tourist/nightlife industry going again. Can't wait for the expected return of chinese in 4-5 years

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JustAnotherExpat said:

I've only seen that in Patong and I'm just finishing 6 weeks all over the country 

But Patong is 70% Indians and Muslims, for sure

But I was just out all over the back sois in the 20's in Sukhumvit in BKK

Japanese area was pumping and a couple other well known spots were packed 

21 hours ago, JustAnotherExpat said:

You only see them in the day🤣

• Like 1