Jump to content

News Forum - Ex Thai prisoner convicted of child sex offences willing to be castrated


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

A high-profile paedophile says he is willing to be castrated to stop him reoffending in the future. Child sex offender Bradley Pen Dragon announced he is happy to be chemically or physically castrated today after he won his release from a prison in Australia. The 62 year old will be allowed to leave prison next month subject to more than 60 stringent conditions. The notorious paedophile previously served a 13-year jail term in Thailand for sexually assaulting a teenage girl before being deported to New South Wales, where his reign of terror continued. He then moved on to Perth where […]

The story Ex Thai prisoner convicted of child sex offences willing to be castrated as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Cabra said:

I hope they take him up on his offer

It is an offer he cannot refuse. 

He is also banned from having contact with any child under the age of 18 unless it is approved, and is required to undergo psychological and anti-libidinal treatment – chemical castration.”

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Castration will not stop his attacks. The organic component may be suspended, but he has deep unchangeable behaviour pattern that will remain. he will still seek out psychological gratification.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Fanta said:

It is an offer he cannot refuse. 

He is also banned from having contact with any child under the age of 18 unless it is approved, and is required to undergo psychological and anti-libidinal treatment – chemical castration.”

Thank god that he didn't have to do any work details while in prison... it's so inhumane

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Skip said:

Thank god that he didn't have to do any work details while in prison... it's so inhumane

4 times you have made this ridiculous comment. For the last time, I have no issue with inmates working inside prison. Make fishing nets for 5 baht a day. I don’t care. I have an issue with the type of outside work proposed for them by the new BKK governor. Do you know the grates on the side of the roads? The idea is the prisoners go down into them and use buckets to unclog the drains. No gloves, no masks for about 30 baht a day. You have clearly never seen them do this work. It is degrading, filthy and undoubtedly causes medical issues. If you cannot understand any decent human beings concerns of this practice then you probably lament the abolition of slavery.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Skip said:

Thank god that he didn't have to do any work details while in prison... it's so inhumane

He agreed to the castration so no worries about being inhumane

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Fanta said:

4 times you have made this ridiculous comment. For the last time, I have no issue with inmates working inside prison. Make fishing nets for 5 baht a day. I don’t care. I have an issue with the type of outside work proposed for them by the new BKK governor. Do you know the grates on the side of the roads? The idea is the prisoners go down into them and use buckets to unclog the drains. No gloves, no masks for about 30 baht a day. You have clearly never seen them do this work. It is degrading, filthy and undoubtedly causes medical issues. If you cannot understand any decent human beings concerns of this practice then you probably lament the abolition of slavery.

Is this work voluntary 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, MikeW said:

Is this work voluntary 

The people asking an inmate to volunteer control sleeping assignments, visitation rights, medical care, administer discipline  and are charged with the overall welfare of inmates with no external oversight of worth. They are not press ganged into work. I hope that answers your question. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Vigo said:

Castration will not stop his attacks. The organic component may be suspended, but he has deep unchangeable behaviour pattern that will remain. he will still seek out psychological gratification.

That is, unfortunately, true - physical or chemical castration only reduces the likelihood of offending, The only guaranteed solution for persistent offenders is to lock them up and throw the key away.     

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Fanta said:

4 times you have made this ridiculous comment. For the last time, I have no issue with inmates working inside prison. Make fishing nets for 5 baht a day. I don’t care. I have an issue with the type of outside work proposed for them by the new BKK governor. Do you know the grates on the side of the roads? The idea is the prisoners go down into them and use buckets to unclog the drains. No gloves, no masks for about 30 baht a day. You have clearly never seen them do this work. It is degrading, filthy and undoubtedly causes medical issues. If you cannot understand any decent human beings concerns of this practice then you probably lament the abolition of slavery.

Do you ever read another person's proposal thoroughly?  I take the position that prisoners should have to work while incarcerated... I also take the position that the work environment be safe and humane... the two do not have to be mutually exclusive.

As to cleaning shite and muck out of drains... prisoners can do that... but yes, they should be properly attired for that work.

If you read your own statements you will find that you state that you are against prisoners working period.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, MikeW said:

Is this work voluntary 

So if a prisoner doesn't volunteer to work while they are a ward of the state, then they shouldn't have to???

Bullpucky... community service should be a part of imprisonment, not mutually exclusive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Fanta said:

The people asking an inmate to volunteer control sleeping assignments, visitation rights, medical care, administer discipline  and are charged with the overall welfare of inmates with no external oversight of worth. They are not press ganged into work. I hope that answers your question. 

It's doesn't have to be a "press gang" by definition... community service as reparations for their criminal acts should be part and parcel with their incarceration... 

How it is accomplished should be the argument... not should it be done

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Skip said:

Do you ever read another person's proposal thoroughly?  I take the position that prisoners should have to work while incarcerated... I also take the position that the work environment be safe and humane... the two do not have to be mutually exclusive.

As to cleaning shite and muck out of drains... prisoners can do that... but yes, they should be properly attired for that work.

If you read your own statements you will find that you state that you are against prisoners working period.

Don’t put words into my mouth. This entire subject came into being because I specifically objected to them working in sewers. There is a different between the use of and the abuse of inmates.

Good luck with your forced labor for prisoners idea in Thailand. The prisons are not safe, clean and humane however their working environments inside these prisons should be. You really thought that one through. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Skip said:

So if a prisoner doesn't volunteer to work while they are a ward of the state, then they shouldn't have to???

Bullpucky... community service should be a part of imprisonment, not mutually exclusive.

I agree but my comment was more of a reply to a comment on the working conditions. To me it doesn't matter I grew up in GA during the 60s and remember the chain gangs cutting the grass on the road sides with a sling blade along with a whole lot of other work back then the judges would sentence them to hard labor and that's what it meant 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 1

      News Forum - What changes did Google notice in Thailand’s web searches last year?

    2. 0

      News Forum - Come home soon, Thaksin, and go to jail – ex-minister

    3. 3

      News Forum - ‘Bastard police’ deny extorting 27,000 baht from Taiwanese actress

    4. 3

      News Forum - Five US police officers charged with murder over fatal beating of black man

    5. 1

      News Forum - California man accused of shooting seven farmworkers admits guilt, blames mental illness

  • New Topics

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use