News Forum - PM Prayut insists no plans to drop face-mask requirement in Thailand

Thaiger

55 minutes ago, Metoo said:

Let's be clear about this. 

There is no law about the need to wear masks.....period. 

Well... not really. The Emergency Decree still in force predates from the old 2005 one, in which the Clause 11 point (2), states clearly that:

"(2) Officials, entrepreneurs, guests, participants, employees and customers shall wear surgical masks or cloth masks"

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ivo_Shandor said:

Well... not really. The Emergency Decree still in force predates from the old 2005 one, in which the Clause 11 point (2), states clearly that:

"(2) Officials, entrepreneurs, guests, participants, employees and customers shall wear surgical masks or cloth masks"

Interesting point. 

Big deal. if we still have to maintain some mask wearing in certain places for certain things then it ois not the end of the world. I will still do it for some semi protection for me and my fmaily who have never had covid yet. But I think the big cheese needs to put a diaper on his face to trap all the excrement that comes out of his mouth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let's be clear about this. 

There is no law about the need to wear masks.....period. 

You cannot be fined for not wearing one......period. 

Screenshot_20220521-204359_Outlook.jpg

• Haha 1

Obvious, there is no penalties for not wearing the mask in the very same decree, only a point written on a precedent legally binding document. He could not say otherwise anyway. Hence your first statement in false, your second is true. Period.

2 minutes ago, Ivo_Shandor said:

Obvious, there is no penalties for not wearing the mask in the very same decree, only a point written on a precedent legally binding document. He could not say otherwise anyway. Hence your first statement in false, your second is true. Period.

It is not written into law......period 

1 hour ago, Stevejm said:

That article is almost 2 years old so it means nothing!

I think if people were feeling that way nearly two years ago, then by now they would be thoroughly sick of the idea. Add to this that in most countries in the EU, Covid restrictions are essentially a thing of the past. Why would you want to go on a relaxing holiday and find yourself going back six months with restrictions and carrying a face mask around. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Metoo said:

It is not written into law......period 

It's written into the Emergency decree 2005, which is law, as stated before. Up to you feigning ignorance. Period. Bye.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

No. That was @Cabra. And implementation a different subject. 

Sorry I thought it was you on a different thread describing how locals and tourists were walking around without masks without consequences 

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

I think if people were feeling that way nearly two years ago, then by now they would be thoroughly sick of the idea. Add to this that in most countries in the EU, Covid restrictions are essentially a thing of the past. Why would you want to go on a relaxing holiday and find yourself going back six months with restrictions and carrying a face mask around. 

Masks are still required indoors in a lot of Asian countries. It’s hard to judge how people feel now. That survey was taken just after restrictions came in in UK. Anyway I believe that the key requirements that affected peoples likelihood of selecting Thailand as a destination were pre flight and post arrival testing requirements and quarantine not mask requirements. Time will tell I suppose. Note that some countries like USA still require testing prior to departure so requirements haven’t been universally relaxed. In a year from now it should be clearer. In terms of holiday destinations Thailand is not as typical as European countries for UK citizens due to the distance/ cost so it is not easy to say that someone selected a non mask country over Thailand because of masks . It’s all conjecture anyway.

Edited by Stevejm
Typo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Big deal. if we still have to maintain some mask wearing in certain places for certain things then it ois not the end of the world. I will still do it for some semi protection for me and my fmaily who have never had covid yet. But I think the big cheese needs to put a diaper on his face to trap all the excrement that comes out of his mouth.

I agree. Out of all the Covid related restrictions that have been in place at various times I find the mask requirement to be the least intrusive in  my life so I am just happy that the really restrictive requirements have gone away😄

Edited by Stevejm

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

No. That was @Cabra. And implementation a different subject. 

I knew that I had seen a comment from you about this previously. Implementation is a different subject but if tourists were being fined for not using masks outside that really would be bad publicity 

74A2B4C2-4BC5-4B6A-83AB-602D1EA281F0.jpeg

Edited by Stevejm

In Europe, we have not been using masks anywhere for 3 months. Before that, masks were only required in stores and public transport, and never outside. We are still alive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stapoz said:

In Europe, we have not been using masks anywhere for 3 months. Before that, masks were only required in stores and public transport, and never outside. We are still alive.

No. You should point out where in Europe there was no mandatory mask outdoor. Italy had one strict requirement for outdoor usage until 11 of February 2022. Austria still have a mandatory mask use indoor in VIenna (pharmacies and public transports).

1 hour ago, Stevejm said:

Sorry I thought it was you on a different thread describing how locals and tourists were walking around without masks without consequences 

Yes but this practice contravenes  written law and a separate subject. 

21 minutes ago, Ivo_Shandor said:

No. You should point out where in Europe there was no mandatory mask outdoor. Italy had one strict requirement for outdoor usage until 11 of February 2022. Austria still have a mandatory mask use indoor in VIenna (pharmacies and public transports).

Nitpicking. isolated mask requirements  are everywhere. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stapoz said:

To be fair, we should give the 170,000 EU people who died from COVID during the last three months, a chance to respond to your post.

• Thanks 1

On 5/31/2022 at 1:02 PM, Mandy said:

Well I've just informed my family so they've now booked a holiday for next week to Bulgaria instead of here!!!

I love these statements - completely made up!
How the **** can Bulgaria be an alternative to Thailand ? 

2 minutes ago, Benroon said:

It's got two 'a's in it. 😃

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Cabra said:

You wouldn't. Not in the Thai press. Look to the western press (where the majority of tourist come from) and you will see that people are indeed turned off by the notion of having to wear a mask on holiday. 

Any links ? I’m calling yet more hysterical bollox from people that have an inner unfathomable rage against their hosts. 

One of my friends texted me just this morning asking if I can put him up - sure I said but you still have to wear a mask in shops out of respect to the staff - cue long silence - wtf he said I don’t give a shit about that are the girls still there ? Yes I said 

He’s just booked his flight 

Summary - only the most fragile of drama queens would let this interfere with their holidays. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Benroon said:

this morning asking if I can put him up - sure I said but you still have to wear a mask in shops out of respect to the staff - cue long silence - wtf he said I don’t give a shit about that are the girls still there ? Yes I said 

Believe it or not, of the 40 million tourist who visitied THA pre COVID, the majority where not here for the prostitution. No doubt your friend will enjoy his stay. Mask or no mask. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Any links ? I’m calling yet more hysterical bollox from people that have an inner unfathomable rage against their hosts. 

One of my friends texted me just this morning asking if I can put him up - sure I said but you still have to wear a mask in shops out of respect to the staff - cue long silence - wtf he said I don’t give a shit about that are the girls still there ? Yes I said 

Summary - only the most fragile of drama queens would let this interfere with their holidays. 

That's a made up story to back a point up if I've ever heard one

Each to their own but its obvious that wearing a mask outside and compulsory covid insurance will influence the decisions of tourists destinations.

Some won't be bothered but others will look at alternative options, not because they're drama queen's, but because they have a choice of where to go and what they're willing to put up with.

Due to the fact most Europeans and Americans won't have worn a mask or even talked about covid for months now why would we want to go to a country full of drama queen's who wear masks and are still gripped by an irrational fear that the rest of the world's left behind?

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

One is an imaginary holiday and the other is a very very cheap alternative. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cabra said:

Believe it or not, of the 40 million tourist who visitied THA pre COVID, the majority where not here for the prostitution. No doubt your friend will enjoy his stay. Mask or no mask. 

I would love to see the actual figures! 

But tell anyone at home you’re going to Thailand and you’ll get that nudge nudge wink wink look every time ! There’s a reason for that (I’m told!) 

• Haha 2