News Forum - PM Prayut insists no plans to drop face-mask requirement in Thailand

Thaiger

45 minutes ago, JamesR said:

The issue for me is not to go there until mask wearing in public is not mandatory, I am sure that is the case for many other visitors, so it is a my only concern.

Why should tourists come from 'free' countries and then have to wear masks in the hot sun?

I am not concerned about the people living there as it is up to them what they do.

As I have written countless times.............I almost never wore a mask outside, only if in a real congested area

I wore a mask, at most 10% of time in 6 weeks

No one cares, plenty of Thais not wearing masks as well

It is not a concern at all.....................

3 hours ago, Marc26 said:

You seem to be the one that is in a panic, manic I would describe it

You have exhausted words upon words on a problem that doesn't exist.................

I just got back from Thailand after a 6 week trip

Wore my mask 10% of the time.............unlike the miserables on this forum, no one gave a crap!

But hey, at least you get to whine and moan on the internet, so that is great!!

You get to moan and whine on the internet about people who are moaning and whining on the internet. 🤣

5 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

As I have written countless times.............I almost never wore a mask outside, only if in a real congested area

I wore a mask, at most 10% of time in 6 weeks

No one cares, plenty of Thais not wearing masks as well

It is not a concern at all.....................

It depends where you were, if you stayed in a village in the middle of nowhere then OK, but places like Phuket you can not get away with it.

4 hours ago, JamesR said:

I have been staying away due to the mask mandate as in the UK we have been free of any restrictions for many months now so why would anyone want to go from that situation and have to walk around Thailand wearing a mask in the heat?
But now having read the article stating we do not need to wear masks on the beach etc in Phuket then I will now plan my next six month visit. 

I spend most of my time around Bang Saray in Chonburi and skirt with areas around Pattaya for sport and social.

We have not been wearing masks in public for all this year. Many (not all) independent shops + 7/11's, Makro, malls etc yes....just walking around, no. 

I have been known to wear a mask on my motorbike! - usually after leaving 7-11, I just forgot to take it off. Never worn one in bars, restaurants or the bowls club.

7 hours ago, JamesR said:

It depends where you were, if you stayed in a village in the middle of nowhere then OK, but places like Phuket you can not get away with it.

Holy crap

How many times can people that are there, that have been there write what is actually happening and you guys stop fantasizing what us happening 

So many people, myself included, have written that you don't need to wear a mask outside in Phuket if you don't want to

I was in Phuket for a week

The only time I wore a mask was in 7-11 

That's it

Not even in my hotel, where half the staff weren't wearing masks

Same goes for

Bangkok 

Samui

Chiang Mai.

Kanchanaburi 

Khao Lak

Koh Phangan 

Khao Sok

Mask wearing is not enforced anywhere outside

But again

If you want to just complain about it on the internet without actually going

That's good too!

5 hours ago, Chaimai said:

I spend most of my time around Bang Saray in Chonburi and skirt with areas around Pattaya for sport and social.

We have not been wearing masks in public for all this year. Many (not all) independent shops + 7/11's, Makro, malls etc yes....just walking around, no. 

I have been known to wear a mask on my motorbike! - usually after leaving 7-11, I just forgot to take it off. Never worn one in bars, restaurants or the bowls club.

You can't say that

The guys on the internet will get upset 

Actually they won't get upset

They will just ignore everything that is actually happening in real life so they cab complain on the internet 

• Like 1