News Forum - Is now the best time to invest in Thailand due to the weak Baht | GMT

Thaiger

Is now the best time to invest in Thailand? what are the pros and cons of a weaker Baht? Asia’s largest water park, Bangkok governor election winner and Do Thai teachers and institutions abuse their power? All this and more on today’s Good Morning Thailand.

The story Is now the best time to invest in Thailand due to the weak Baht | GMT as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

What a huge and involved  question that is. I can only speak personally, but the strength or otherwise of the Baht does not constitute a major factor in my bringing money to Thailand. I bring into LOS the minimum necessary , both in capital and income,  to run my life here, while leaving the bulk of my wealth, such as it is, off shore or in the UK.   Why, because I am on a 12 month extension, not on PR,  and I plan for that 12 months, not wishing to see funds left here and inaccessible at some point, either for me, or my family, when I move on, alive or dead . Two, in my view alone, this is not a country to attract serious investors, unless for large multi Nationals. SME ownership here is fraught with difficulty, fraud, scams and frustrations, ( I see this with some friends daily),  so I'm not in that game. 

• Like 2

Thaiger you are only focusing on the US, I do understand that you want to [as TAT 😛] want to promote Thailand well as you can see in EURTHB example here, what you say is not true. If not all, the vast majority is loosing against the USD now so nothing special there as the world let's US to print new money and pushing inflation higher, and still increasing in value. 

DXY proves the USDs strength, against far bigger currency's than THB, in the other graf. 
1067889114_ScreenShot2022-05-24at12_15_46.thumb.png.c2137ff2c099c6f0dbc44043562b10c5.png532566645_ScreenShot2022-05-24at12_26_03.thumb.png.c5ded915575eae410b4d1981abb463ea.png

Edited by Ted
  • Like 1

As an individual, never invest your future in Thailand. Too much risk. Certainly enjoy your stay, but have an exit strategy.

• Like 1