News Forum - Tibet Airlines plane bursts into flames during takeoff in southwest China

Thaiger

A Tibet Airlines Airbus A319-100 veered off the runway and burst into flames during takeoff at an airport in Southwest China this morning. All 113 passengers were safely evacuated although 36 passengers suffered minor injuries, according to the Civil Aviation Administration of China, or CAAC. China’s aviation regulators are investigating the cause of the incident. In a statement posted on Weibo, Tibet Airlines said the plane faced “abnormalities” on the runway, so the pilot aborted the takeoff, but didn’t provide any further details. The plane was set to fly from Chongqing Jiangbei Airport in southwest China to Nyingchi in the […]

The story Tibet Airlines plane bursts into flames during takeoff in southwest China as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Protests against the CCP a-wipe thugs taking over and ruining their country of Tibet with Tibetan monks and ordinary Tibetan people self-immoliating, and now it is a renegade Tibet Airliner doing it.  Let's see more Tibet Airplanes burn in Anti CCP China takeover, and I say down with the CCP and "Free Tibet"!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

A Tibet Airlines Airbus A319-100 veered off the runway and burst into flames during takeoff

And all Airbus A319-100 in China grounded until further notice? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Protests against the CCP a-wipe thugs taking over and ruining their country of Tibet with Tibetan monks and ordinary Tibetan people self-immoliating, and now it is a renegade Tibet Airliner doing it.  Let's see more Tibet Airplanes burn in Anti CCP China takeover, and I say down with the CCP and "Free Tibet"!

Death to the CCP Invader ….😡😡

• Haha 2

Seems odd. The undercarriage is up. Flaps are up. No deployed air breaks. Elevators all appear to be in a neutral position.

Making no judgement here gentlemen but it seems something very odd has happened. 

11 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Seems odd. The undercarriage is up. Flaps are up. No deployed air breaks. Elevators all appear to be in a neutral position.

Making no judgement here gentlemen but it seems something very odd has happened. 

Well observed, it certainly looks like some sort of hardware or software failure is suggested by the preliminary facts.

Edited by Smithydog
Disparaging comments about another member removed.

The soundtrack to the video with the fake sirens and ridiculous music track makes it laughable. Unfortunately it is a serious subject. Hopefully it wasn't The Thaiger that added these.

10 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Oh we DID get that AC 129 crash result ; “ pilot error & air traffic control error”. How surprising !  NOT 😩😩😉👍

https://executiveflyers.com/most-dangerous-airlines/

Well, I stand corrected & withdraw my incorrect presumption about airlines Country Safety records being linked to level of advancement. 😞🥹

Air China IS 2nd worse in deaths BUT worst is (incredibly) American Airlines over time with Air France & Korean Air bad too. The “ incident” rate is very high with both western/ advanced nations airlines often worse than undeveloped countries. 

I have previously stated here that I never fly any US airlines (based on Service / Convenience) Big surprise they are, as a group, extremely unsafe ( like Air China & Malaysian ). Air France too. 

My initial wrong assumptions were undoubtedly swayed by the spate of recent East Asian airline crashes found as pilot error. Interesting to note that BA has had only one crash ( on take off / no deaths) & Qantas No Crashes. 

8 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Well, I stand corrected & withdraw my incorrect presumption about airlines Country Safety records being linked to level of advancement

imo, for that list to be more betterer I think breaking it down by accidents per flying hours could be more representative of safety records?  Stating that one airline has had more accidents than another may be factually correct but it doesn’t account for total flights, length of operation, cause of crash etc etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fanta said:

imo, for that list to be more betterer I think breaking it down by accidents per flying hours could be more representative of safety records?  Stating that one airline has had more accidents than another may be factually correct but it doesn’t account for total flights, length of operation, cause of crash etc etc.

Agreed. But in absence of complex analysis, the number of incidents and deaths is certainly sufficient for the general public to avoid the main deficient airlines ! Added Air France & Korean Air to my personal “no fly” list.

On 5/12/2022 at 8:11 AM, Rookiescot said:

Other video and pictures online show cracked fuselage and wings, landing gear collapsed when it went off the runway. I cant see flight control positions but The ground spoilers /air brakes position means something to investigation but  after the plane loses hydraulic power probably return to neutral positions. never find me on a Chinese airliner and no desire to ever visit again. Have better Chinese food in Bangkok or San Francisco too.