Travel insurance for Thailand Pass

ericthai

Can anybody recommend the cheapest travel insurance that meet the Thailand Pass requirement based on their own experience?

Cheapest excludes those insurance companies who find a lot of excuses not to pay if we test positive.

• Like 1

I went with Nomad Insurance but have no illusions they will wriggle if put to the test. Cheap insurance and not paying out go hand in hand.

If you just want to get into the country almost any will do for the TP and since the tests are not compulsory consider you do not have to inform anyone if you test positive. No one is going to round you up and send you to hospital or a hotel if you  keep it to yourself and self impose yourself until you feel better.

I'm returning from UK on sunday and will self ATK on arrival and go from there but don't kid yourself any insurance company will help unless you get full blown symptoms.

From my experience I chose these folks. They have chatted with me many times and for my circumstances they seem to be the best in terms of no BS and good rates, even for those with underlying conditions.

Screenshot(36).png

Screenshot(37).png

Edited by IneptoCracy
add in

Try Trawick International Safe Outbound which includes hotel isolation since Test & Go already been scrapped if you're fully vaccinated since May 1st, just do a self ATK & if you're positive, keep it to yourself & isolate for at least 5 days unless you can't breathe and have excessive coughing non-stop in order to go to the hospital.

You get a members card and a letter and its good to go for Retirement Permits to Stay. Nomad Insurance or Safetywing. Check them up on startpage dot com.

Hope this helps?

Edited by IneptoCracy
added info

13 hours ago, IneptoCracy said:

From my experience I chose these folks. They have chatted with me many times and for my circumstances they seem to be the best in terms of no BS and good rates, even for those with underlying conditions.

Screenshot(36).png

Screenshot(37).png

That's not a Thai insurance company, I just need one to submit for my Thailand Pass requirement of 10K .

Edited by ericthai

If you are looking for a thai insurance company, I wish you luck. Six thai insurance companies in Thailand have just gone bankrupt and failed to meet their payout claims to thai folk, re covid hospitalisations and infections.

Their premiums are very high and you would be an exception to get coverage and payout, if you were hospitalised.

This is only my opinion from people, Thai folk, here and what is already printed by our news sources here. Good luck.

The question is whether you want insurance to:

a) comply with the regulations 

or 

b) be “covered” if the worst happens

I am in the a) camp and my credit card company kindly issued me with a certificate stating I was covered for Covid-related medical care (after paying for my flight with my Amex card). This certificate was approved when I uploaded it for the Thai pass. Job done, no cost.

• Like 1