Vesak Day (Bucha Day) in Bangkok 2022

SKTan

I will be visiting Bangkok over the Vesak Day weekend. I'm a Buddhist but it's my first time spending vesak day in Bangkok (I'm from Singapore).

Will be visiting Wat Bowon > Wat Suthat > Wat Suttaram > Lunch break > Wat Nak Prok > Wat Nog (if still have time before 4pm, which normally temple close for the day). Will spend abt 1h-1.5h at each temple (expecting some crowds in the temples) for praying n filming for vlogging.

I believe there will be alms offering to monks and water blessing from them to devotees.

Anyone can confirm if entire kingdom don't sell alcohol during Vesak Day itself? (I don't drink so I'm planning a trip to one of the rooftop bars on the day itself. Expecting lesser crowd.)

Thanks.

1 hour ago, SKTan said:

Anyone can confirm if entire kingdom don't sell alcohol during Vesak Day itself? (I don't drink so I'm planning a trip to one of the rooftop bars on the day itself.

Even if they ARE selling the demon alcohol, YOU do not have to partake.