News Forum - German tourist rescued after getting stuck between rocks in Phuket

Thaiger

A German tourist has become stuck between a rock and a hard place in Phuket. The island’s tourist police rescued a German tourist stuck between huge rocks in the forest facing Nai Thon Beach on Phuket’s west coast. He walked from the airport and was later trapped at the spot. He was lucky his phone signal was still available for him to contact the tourist police. (The number is 1155 by the way, anywhere in Thailand) The German tourist has been reported as being a 21 year old Leon Isiman Samuels. He landed at the Phuket International Airport on the […]

The story German tourist rescued after getting stuck between rocks in Phuket as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Is there any good news about Phuket anywhere?  I guess not, which it has to be said, is no real surprise. 

17 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Cheap Charlie of the year award....

And almost ended up on the Darwin Awards list…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The name sounds very israeli to me. Perhaps he was travelling on a fake german passport while training for the next Cobra Gold Excercise. Usually people get their 'own" rocks stuck somewhere.

"Let he who has not gotten trapped between some rocks after landing at the airport cast the first stone".

Geronimo chapter 12 verse 4.

• Haha 2

On 5/5/2022 at 8:16 AM, BigHewer said:

I realise some folks might want to avoid taking a Phuket airport taxi, but this is a bit extreme. 

I know what you mean, it is really a struggle to take a taxi from the airport, it is full of danger and you are going into the unknown and putting your life at risk.

The last time I did that left me feeling very nervous and frightened. 

It was in January 2020, it was a hot sticky day, I managed to fight my way through the terrible and intimidating immigration section of the airport, I picked up my bag, that was not easy. I managed with a lot of effort to overcome my anxiety to go to the taxi counter and with shear resilience and determination pay for my taxi, it was lucky I had the ability to read as all the prices were displayed on the wall of the taxi counter. 

The next step was tricky, as I had to follow a bloke to the taxi who without my permission had carried my suitcase and put it in the taxi.

I sat in the taxi and was nervously wondering what would happen when he put his foot on the accelerator, to my surprise the car move forward and continued to do so until I arrived at my house, I got out and bunged him a 100 baht tip and went inside, cool by then due to the aircon in the car. 

I will not be doing that again in a hurry, my heart can only stand so much stress. 🤪

On 5/5/2022 at 8:18 AM, Pinetree said:

Is there any good news about Phuket anywhere?  I guess not, which it has to be said, is no real surprise. 

Yes there is very good news, you the Moaning Mini are not there which is good for the rest of us. 😆

5 minutes ago, JamesR said:

Yes there is very good news, you the Moaning Mini are not there which is good for the rest of us. 😆

glad to oblige, the feeling is mutual.