News Forum - Thai police to delete criminal records where suspects have been cleared

Thaiger

The assistant chief of the Royal Thai Police says the force will delete the criminal records of anyone who has been cleared of offences. Surachate Hakparn says this will remove the need for people to formally request that their records be deleted. Currently, even when a case has been closed and a person cleared, investigation records remain on file in the Criminal Records Division. They are only deleted when the individual in question asks for this to be done. According to Surachate, the Royal Thai Police will now adopt a new policy of doing so voluntarily. The Bangkok Post reports […]

The story Thai police to delete criminal records where suspects have been cleared as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Surely there is no criminal record if no crime has been proven to be committed? Something must have been lost in translation here…. 

26 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Surely there is no criminal record if no crime has been proven to be committed? Something must have been lost in translation here…. 

Should be the investigation record rather than the criminal record.

Anyway I'm happy with this news, I was just about to go and request for my records to be deleted but I don't  have to anymore oh wai-

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Noble_Design said:

Should be the investigation record rather than the criminal record.

Think they are one and the same once you are in their computer.

Wonder if they will delete the records of foreigners who were cleared of any wrong doing but were still shown the exit and cannot get a Thai visa because of said record?

(Some I hope they don't let back in either.)