Movie and TV Theme Songs.

Thaidup

Not a theme song but a movingly emotional clip from a movie, can you guess what movie?🙂

Its from when she slides into bed with him and then proceeds to pull the knife out and stab him to death. It is haunting to watch.

Mission Impossible theme.

Some of the younger members may not know it was a TV show back when I was kid, and only recognize this version of the theme.👍

For the epitome of cool, then Boris Claudio (Lalo) Schifrin's theme "Shifting Gears"  from Bullet in '68 takes some beating.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thaidup said:

Name the movie.👍

John Hughes 1985 The Breakfast Club.

Interestingly this wasn't written by Simple Minds, but offered to them by British Producer/ Song writter / drummer Keith Forsey in collaboration with Steve Schiff from The Nena Hagan Band who were writing the soundtrack for the movie.

Simple Minds turned down the song "we only record our own stuff". However they relented after Brian Ferry and Billy Idol also turned it down. Recorded in half a day with Keith Forsey on production duties and quickly forgotten about by the band. That is until the film and soundtrack were released!

It's their only US number one.

Played live when Mel Gaynor (ex Samson) and John Giblin were in the band, absolutely kick-a?se brill.

For the record (this should be on the other thread), Billy Idol did record the track in the end in the early 2000's, incorporating Jim Kerr's oohs and arhs. It bombed.

Cheers Thaidup.

• Thanks 1

On 5/3/2022 at 11:46 PM, Thaidup said:

This one has a Thai connection. Can you name the movie?😄

Alternate Dudley Moore version, as written by Ludvig van B.

• Like 1

This one kind of creeped over from the Great Covers thread, was a little surprised no one picked it up. But hear this song in any talk of Quintin Tarantino movies and you know that is from Kill Bill.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

There are several songs that we don't know when we watch some movies. A particular song is used as a theme song, or some situations based on either showing happiness or sadness depending upon the scene included in that movie.

I would to share some song lists available on Black Panther: Wakanda Forever 

1.) Alone - Song by Burna Boy
2.) Lift Me Up (From Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - Music From and Inspired By)- Song by Rihanna
3.) Coming Back For You- Song by Fireboy DML
4.) Wake Up - Song by Bloody Civilian
5.) No Woman No Cry - Song by Tems

My favorite one is Alone - Song by Burna Boy if you see their lyrics they totally depict life situations.

On 9/1/2023 at 9:44 PM, Thaidup said:

Patrick Swayze, Roadhouse,

Performed in the movie by Jeff Healey - a movie that has some great throwaway and now very politically incorrect lines.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2023 at 10:50 PM, Grumpish said:

Performed in the movie by Jeff Healey - a movie that has some great throwaway and now very politically incorrect lines.

I just commented to hear the song again, man the music was good from back then.👍

On 11/28/2023 at 3:14 PM, angelalucas said:

There are several songs that we don't know when we watch some movies. A particular song is used as a theme song, or some situations based on either showing happiness or sadness depending upon the scene included in that movie.

I would to share some song lists available on Black Panther: Wakanda Forever 

1.) Alone - Song by Burna Boy
2.) Lift Me Up (From Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - Music From and Inspired By)- Song by Rihanna
3.) Coming Back For You- Song by Fireboy DML
4.) Wake Up - Song by Bloody Civilian
5.) No Woman No Cry - Song by Tems

My favorite one is Alone - Song by Burna Boy if you see their lyrics they totally depict life situations.

There are are a lot of songs used in a lot of movies, more than you or I could mention, The movie theme songs tend to be a cut above the rest for bringing remembrance to the movie.

Here is a good example,