News Forum - Thailand’s labour ministry hopes to export 50,000 workers

Thaiger

Now that the Covid-19 situation across the world has calmed down a bit, Thailand’s Labour Ministry expects to send about 50,000 workers abroad this year. The Department of Employment’s PR office said now that restrictions have largely eased, Thailand’s labour exports are set to resume in large numbers. So far, labour export agreements have been signed with two countries, Saudi Arabia and Japan. This follows Thailand’s rekindling of relations with Saudi Arabia after decades of cold vibes between the countries due to the notorious so-called ‘Blue Diamond Affair’. Last month, Thailand’s labour minister said over 1,000 people have registered online […]

The story Thailand’s labour ministry hopes to export 50,000 workers as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Hang on.

You let thousands of Myanmar, Cambodians and Lao into the country to cover labour shortages and you are exporting 50,000.

Maybe you can short cut all this c..p and just start enforcing the payment of decent wages in Thailand.

Oh velly solly, your good friends are the ones paying poor wages and getting very rich.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, palooka said:

Hang on.

You let thousands of Myanmar, Cambodians and Lao into the country to cover labour shortages and you are exporting 50,000.

Maybe you can short cut all this c..p and just start enforcing the payment of decent wages in Thailand.

Oh velly solly, your good friends are the ones paying poor wages and getting very rich.

imo, if wages are to be increased it should be done first for the cops. Halve the workforce and double the salaries. Most lower level cops earn well under 20,000 a month so it’s not surprising they seek “supplemental income”. One of the reasons that corrupt cops are frowned upon by Joe Public in the real world is because it is often greed, not necessity, that motivates them.  But that’s a whole different can of worms. 

Exporting labor means more foreign earned money coming into the country. And sometimes some sweet swag. The migrants working in Thailand get paid minimum wage and most of the money they earn stays in Thailand.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, palooka said:

Hang on.

Exporting different quality of labour. Labour exploitation is everywhere

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

Exporting different quality of labour. Labour exploitation is everywhere

I wouldn't say it's exploitation 

People seem to think every Thai is unskilled

I know a decent amount if Thais that went working overseas on good paying jobs

And I don't mean University graduates 

My wife's Uncle worked in South Korea and came back and retired in Thailand at 55yrs old

Know many Thai chefs that went and worked on Middle East and advanced their careers

Know a young Thai making very good money as a merchant marine 

• Like 1

It's a pity that they don't deport many Cambodian and Myanmar illegal and legal workers until most of the Thai people have jobs as there are millions unemployed and want work.

6 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I wouldn't say it's exploitation 

People seem to think every Thai is unskilled

I know a decent amount if Thais that went working overseas on good paying jobs

And I don't mean University graduates 

My wife's Uncle worked in South Korea and came back and retired in Thailand at 55yrs old

Know many Thai chefs that went and worked on Middle East and advanced their careers

Know a young Thai making very good money as a merchant marine 

I know many good Thai chefs that went overseas for work.

4 hours ago, AussieBaz said:

It's a pity that they don't deport many Cambodian and Myanmar illegal and legal workers until most of the Thai people have jobs as there are millions unemployed and want work.

Labour protectionism is not the way in the long run