News Forum - Pattaya tourist found dead in rental room

Thaiger

Pattaya police found a tourist dead in his rented room, lying naked across from the door to his bedroom, near a large puddle of blood. There were also spots of blood in the bathroom, and the man’s neck was reportedly wounded. The man’s name and nationality have not yet been reported, however officers from Pattaya Police Station believe he is 40-60 years old. A maid and receptionist at the man’s residence told Pattaya police that the man had been staying for 3-4 days.  She said she found out he had died when she went to check on him after he […]

The story Pattaya tourist found dead in rental room as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

If that is the real picture of the room, then this a beyond budget room. Will be interesting to find out the real caus of death for the 40 - 60yr old man. Heard of not being able to tell an age but that is a far stretch.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

If that is the real picture of the room, then this a beyond budget room. Will be interesting to find out the real caus of death for the 40 - 60yr old man. Heard of not being able to tell an age but that is a far stretch.

Cut himself shaving of course.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, palooka said:

Cut himself shaving of course.

image.png.22704e859bb94ebbcabd7323323b8ef3.pngimage.png.1b87bebce70e642221e18a48d6dfc1a3.pngimage.png.8882802d1c8f3ffdc8bbb9c7740647b3.png

Which scenario do you reckon? 1, 2, or 3?

All in Jest and joking. But seriously, here is a RIP for the deceased. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

image.png.22704e859bb94ebbcabd7323323b8ef3.pngimage.png.1b87bebce70e642221e18a48d6dfc1a3.pngimage.png.8882802d1c8f3ffdc8bbb9c7740647b3.png

Which scenario do you reckon? 1, 2, or 3?

All in Jest and joking. But seriously, here is a RIP for the deceased. 

Sadly he may have passed alone. RIP

It grieves me that some people have such an undignified end.

From the report, due to the lack of blood, I doubt the neck injury was directly responsible.

Whatever the cause of death was, I hope it was quick.

RIP chap.

• Like 1

Soi Chaiyapoon is all about massage ladies, bars, parties, and fun. 

Tell the guys age and nationality, but no need to mention the "reportedly" location Soi  

RIP  fellow expat

• Like 2

I'm told it's the 180 Baht a night place on the left hand side off Soi Chaiypoon. 

There was a suicide of another tourist there about 6 years ago ( very similar circumstances).

RIP to this chap not a way you want to go out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, palooka said:

Sadly he may have passed alone. RIP

So electric shaver it is. 

But back to serious, in another news article (not TT), it says the guy had a wound on the back of his neck. This sounds odd for a wound self inflicted on purpose. Doesn’t look like a lot of things of value on the table either as there is also a picture. To me it sounds like foul play from a guest. He was found naked and I guess no passport. So foul play is my guess. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 23RD said:

I'm told it's the 180 Baht a night place on the left hand side off Soi Chaiypoon. 

There was a suicide of another tourist there about 6 years ago ( very similar circumstances).

RIP to this chap not a way you want to go out.

180 Baht a night or an hour? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim_Melb said:

Ive stayed in rooms like this--typical thai fan room--i even had the toilet with the bucket of water to flush

Oddly enough at least the bed looks soft--and stained!   i usually throw on a couple layers of pads to cover the funkiness and flip the mattress.....so 180 a night sounds right---probably 2500 a month in my exps...

The boom boom rooms avg about 100 hr--bed--tv-fridge-table+ chairs-bathroom and maybe ceiling mirror!

Im sure patts has tons of boom boom rooms and just bring her to your room--so 180/hr seems high rate

3 hours ago, Tim_Melb said:

Yes Tim 180 Baht a night it's written on the chalkboard outside mostly Thai folk stay there or Falangs down on their luck.

3 hours ago, kalyan said:

pathetic condition of the room to stay, is this for visitors !!

Thai Pass SHA plus for problem tourists maybe.

7 minutes ago, TWS60 said:

As macabre as it is, the return of articles about dead farangs in Pattaya suggests tourism is rebounding. 🥴

So I guess we are going to see an uptick for the Pattaya Flying club members soon?

2 hours ago, Noble_Design said:

So I guess we are going to see an uptick for the Pattaya Flying club members soon?

Reckon so.  The cost of doing business, according to the right honourable Minister of Tourism, Sports and Noodle Soup. 🤦‍♂️

It's odd that just about every 'suspicious' death seems to be in utter squalor ! 

I would guess given his desperate lifestyle he hacked at his own neck until job done. No loss to him, his family and for sure not Thailand.