News Forum - BREAKING: Thailand ENDS Test & Go and Sandbox, changes for unvaccinated travellers

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Mamachigawa said:

Not the money it is the inconvenience. Many people will skip Thailand because of a burden of Thailand pass and insurance requirements. Yes, people should have travel insurance if they are not covered already

There is problem for very old people to get even if they are very rich already. Let us show bank account instead. Having insurance is no proof hospital gets paid anyway this is the problem Thailand was talking about before covid-19

Inconvenience?

I bought the FWD policy in under 5mins on their website

Email from them with policy # and policy fact sheet in 10mins

Uploaded it to Thai Pass

It may not seem it by this forum

But there are a lot more people that don't moan about small steps to take

21 hours ago, Mamachigawa said:

Wrong again. I was forced to buy redundant travel insurance by Thailand because I am already covered。Because my company insurance will not provide the certificate acceptable for certificate of entry, visa issuance by Thailand Embassy, then the horror Thailand Pass I had to buy redundant insurances。

You can respond again that I don't really have to come to Thailand I can just abandon my property and friends and Thailand didn't force me to buy anything。Then I give in you correct。

It started in 2020  as $100,000 USD coverage. My point was  now $10,000 a small amount that wont even cover a serious accident on a moto. 

So it's Thailand's fault that your company insurance will not provide the necessary document to prove that you will be covered while in Thailand... come on man... why don't you ask why your company cannot or will not supply that needed information... maybe because what insurance you have with your company isn't worth anything in Thailand... thus you have to get insurance that will cover you while in Thailand.

So it's not "redundant"... google it

Wrong again. I already gave in why YOU still are just being arguimentative? My company provided health insurance covers global and covers covid, but outside my country I have to pay for service advance and file for reimbursement. Sorry maybe I will explain it to you clearly as I can 

• This health insurance has no set limits but it ends on the last  day of the month I retire, quit my job, or get fired. So, they, the insurance  cannot give a insurance certificate that says I am covered from January 1 2021-December 31 2021 example  because it is month to month based on currently employed.
  • I cannot pay for coverage in advance.
  • Without this certificate I cant enter Thailand and I cannot change the ways of a big insurance company that wont lie on the foreign insurance certificate option allowed by Thai embassy or Thailand pass. They don't care about Thailand or whether I travel or not. The only document they will provide is a very vague form letter that does not give coverage amounts (because I don't have any) or state the dates of coverage.

Thailand does not force me to come to Thailand but it is policies forced me to buy travel insurance what is redundant, "superfluous".

Edited by Mamachigawa

Wrong again. I already gave in why YOU still are just being arguimentative? My company provided health insurance covers global and covers covid, but outside my country I have to pay for service advance and file for reimbursement. Sorry maybe I will explain it to you clearly as I can 

• This health insurance has no set limits but it ends on the last  day of the month I retire, quit my job, or get fired. So, they, the insurance  cannot give a insurance certificate that says I am covered from January 1 2021-December 31 2021 example  because it is month to month based on currently employed.
  • I cannot pay for coverage in advance.
  • Without this certificate I cant enter Thailand and I cannot change the ways of a big insurance company that wont lie on the foreign insurance certificate option allowed by Thai embassy or Thailand pass. They don't care about Thailand or whether I travel or not. The only document they will provide is a very vague form letter that does not give coverage amounts (because I don't have any) or state the dates of coverage.

Thailand does not force me to come to Thailand but it is policies forced me to buy travel insurance what is redundant, "superfluous".

It's like 2k baht

So you may be correct in all this information 

But you are also a cheap whiner.....

9 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

It's like 2k baht

So you may be correct in all this information 

But you are also a cheap whiner.....

It is not 2K baht for one year as required for O-A visa.

I never bought travel insurance before as I felt it was redundant. Now I buy, only to come to Thailand.

Rupert Murdoch is 91 years old and has $20 billion dollars. Will anybody sell him insurance at that age ? I have credit cards even with 10 times the limit of Thailand Pass it is stupid to make EVERYONE buy it when it is the cheap winers what are supposedly skipping out on Hospital bills what caused the "problem". And there ARE a few Hospitals I can do direct bill on my company insurance in Thailand .  I went to one to get a covid test for it looks like a dirty butcher shop meat locker.

I would not go there for medical service for free. Maybe the private room is OK

Edited by Mamachigawa

It is not 2K baht for one year as required for O-A visa.

I never bought travel insurance before as I felt it was redundant. Now I buy, only to come to Thailand.

Rupert Murdoch is 91 years old and has $20 billion dollars. Will anybody sell him insurance at that age ? I have credit cards even with 10 times the limit of Thailand Pass it is stupid to make EVERYONE buy it when it is the cheap winers what are supposedly skipping out on Hospital bills what caused the "problem". And there ARE a few Hospitals I can do direct bill on my company insurance in Thailand .  I went to one to get a covid test for it looks like a dirty butcher shop meat locker.

I would not go there for medical service for free. Maybe the private room is OK

So don't live there

You choose to live somewhere then whine about the rules

Like most on this forum

I an an expat, my wife gets many visas to come live with me

We abide by the rules that are required to live there 

• Haha 1