News Forum - Thailand’s tourism council hopes to see more Chinese arrivals in October

Thaiger

Emperor Xi is not going to be lifting travel restrictions any time soon.

Lets say he allows 2000000 people to travel. If 2% of them come back with covid thats 40000 cases.

40000 cases now traveling all over China.

50 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

The quality of Chinese tourist Thailand attracts, sadly that is the case.

From reports of shrimp buffet massacres to personally witnessed cases of exasperated tour guides asking Chinese tourists to be respectful in temples, the Chinese are very much a case of quantity over quality. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Emperor Xi is not going to be lifting travel restrictions any time soon.

Lets say he allows 2000000 people to travel. If 2% of them come back with covid thats 40000 cases.

40000 cases now traveling all over China.

I hope you are right. I sincerely hope China is locked down and travel in and out is prohibited for the next 20 years, or until Emperor Xi drops dead or given his marching orders

• Like 4

They may be looking forward to it; the rest of us aren't and that sentiment goes for a lot of Thais that I know too, who also don't want them back any time soon. . 

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

They may be looking forward to it; the rest of us aren't and that sentiment goes for a lot of Thais that I know too, who also don't want them back any time soon. . 

How many, 20? 25? A hundred?

The rest of us is how many?. Just trying to get an accurate figure you see. 😀

27 minutes ago, Poolie said:

How many, 20? 25? A hundred?

The rest of us is how many?. Just trying to get an accurate figure you see. 😀

I’ll raise my hand, in fact I am having a great time in Thailand with none of your kind around, thank you. And since your asking, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that you belong to the aforementioned group based on the questionable content of your “quality” posts inundating the forum. I also was not aware it’s possible to virtually behave like a Chinese tourist until you show up, so good job. 

Edited by Dr.Sivada
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dr.Sivada said:

I’ll raise my hand, in fact I am having a great time in Thailand with none of your kind around, thank you. And since your asking, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that you belong to the aforementioned group based on the questionable content of your “quality” posts inundating the forum. I also was not aware it’s possible to virtually behave like a Chinese tourist until you show up, so good job. 

Thank you. Most appreciated.

Can you let the original poster answer the questions? Your input is appreciated but hardly relevant. My conduct whilst in Thailand is also unknown to you. In fact I'm not sure why you feel the need to comment, but thanks again for the appreciation. 😃

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Thank you. Most appreciated.

Can you let the original poster answer the questions? Your input is appreciated but hardly relevant. My conduct whilst in Thailand is also unknown to you. In fact I'm not sure why you feel the need to comment, but thanks again for the appreciation. 😃

Just to confirm this for you.

Since the CCP and their vile, corrupt, authoritarian tyrants, tried to cover up a virus, that has now led to 20M+ deaths world wide. 

You should be aware, that the chinese will NOT be welcome anywhere soon.

You can take it from me, my friends, my friends friends....and no doubt 99.99999% of the planet. 

What they have done is unforgivable. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Metoo said:

Since the CCP and their vile, corrupt, authoritarian tyrants, tried to cover up a virus, that has now led to 20M+ deaths world wide. 

You can take it from me, my friends, my friends friends....and no doubt 99.99999% of the planet. 

Again, thank you for your thoughts, if indeed you have thoughts instead of prejudices. It's not immediately obvious. 

Again, you're answering a question not meant for you. Forgive me if I dont give  your rant too much credence. 😃

32 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Again, thank you for your thoughts, if indeed you have thoughts instead of prejudices. It's not immediately obvious. 

Again, you're answering a question not meant for you. Forgive me if I dont give  your rant too much credence. 😃

If its me you are taking about; do your own research and you will appreciate the accuracy of my comments. If you find one person, not dependant on them for their income,  who would welcome them back, then shake his or her hand, for they are one of a very  tiny minority. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

If its me you are taking about; do your own research and you will appreciate the accuracy of my comments. If you find one person, not dependant on them for their income,  who would welcome them back, then shake his or her hand, for they are one of a very  tiny minority. 

I have, in the small way that I can, being only one person, and a lot of people (say 70% of those that I asked) enthusiastically agreed, they'd be welcome. This included hotel staff, local eateries etc. Obviously these sorts DO depend on them, but then again it's 1 in 5 of the population (allegedly) and the others, being non-facing, dont really count. They only briefly encounter them and these people have similar attitude to foreigners of any persuasion.  Seems like it's only the 'chosen few' that dont like the idea.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

I have, in the small way that I can, being only one person, and a lot of people (say 70% of those that I asked) enthusiastically agreed, they'd be welcome. This included hotel staff, local eateries etc. Obviously these sorts DO depend on them, but then again it's 1 in 5 of the population (allegedly) and the others, being non-facing, dont really count. They only briefly encounter them and these people have similar attitude to foreigners of any persuasion.  Seems like it's only the 'chosen few' that dont like the idea.

haha, I don't believe a word of it.  

• Like 1

Just now, Pinetree said:

haha, I don't believe a word of it.  

Please yourself. No one says you have to. I'm expected to believe your account though? Right.............😅

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

Do polls in Hua Lamphong region count.😅

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, palooka said:

Do polls in Hua Lamphong region count.😅

polls never count; they are always wrong.  Uninformed gossip, rabid opinions, bias and hatred are much more accurate. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Uninformed gossip, rabid opinions, bias and hatred are much more accurate. 

And the ones that say 'Thais think............' like they've talked to them all. 😀

7 hours ago, Metoo said:

I sugest if you are going to make posts like this that you

a) get your facts right and

b) consider the fact that it's the CCP and the culture the create that is responsible for the cover-ups that caused this virus to spread and kill 6.2 million people, not the Chinese people in general. The average person in the PRC has no say in their government or what they do and they are forced to protect themselves from government oppression so the first act they take when things go badly is to cover their own ass and protect their family. 

Edited by Tim_Melb
  • Cool 1

I have never discussed how Thai people feel about Chinese tourists with Thai people so I don't know if they like them or not but I do know that in general they do like the money they make from tourism. I would also point out that their are many Thais of Chinese origin in Thailand that are very well liked (like the Thaiger's own Natty) so I suspect that in general they are most welcome. What Thai people don't like is people that are disrespectful no matter where they come from. In fact the only tourists from a specific country I have heard Thai people speak badly about were a particular demographic of male sex tourists from India. But I think outside the red light districts Thais would just lump them in with all sex tourists. 

12 minutes ago, Tim_Melb said:

I hugest if you are going to make posts like this that you a) get your facts right and b) consider the fact that it's the CCP and the culture the create that is responsible for the cover-ups that caused this virus to spread and kill 6.2 million people, not the Chinese people in general. The average person in the PRC has no say in their government or what they do and they are forced to protect themselves from government oppression so the first act they take when things go badly is to cover their own ass and protect their family. 

He did mention it was the fault of the CCP.

12 hours ago, Tim_Melb said:

Chinese people in general. The average person in the PRC has no say in their government or what they do and they are forced to protect themselves from government oppression so the first act they take when things go badly is to cover their own ass and protect their family. 

I will state it yet again, the people get the leadership and the leaders they are prepared to tolerate, until they are not.  The Chinese people are collectively and individually responsible for the criminal  actions of their government, just like the Russians for their leaders. This philosophy, or obvious truth if you prefer, made the area bombing of Germany in WW2 and the dropping of the two nuclear bombs on Japan, morally defensible in international law.  The Chinese have had a National revolution before, they could have another. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

I will state it yet again, the people get the leadership and the leaders they are prepared to tolerate, until they are not.  The Chinese people are collectively and individually responsible for the criminal  actions of their government, just like the Russians for their leaders. This philosophy, or obvious truth if you prefer, made the area bombing of Germany in WW2 and the dropping of the two nuclear bombs on Japan, morally defensible in international law.  The Chinese have had a National revolution before, they could have another. 

Bombing in WW2 preceded the coming to power of the CPC. 😅

25 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Bombing in WW2 preceded the coming to power of the CPC. 😅

Sorry, I don't see the relevance of that comment? 

9 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Sorry, I don't see the relevance of that comment? 

I'm ripping the mick out of your 75 year old references. 😃