News Forum - Pattaya tourist claims thieves in ‘sexy dresses’ stole his 33,000 baht necklace

Thaiger

An Indian tourist in Pattaya claims that last night, a Thai woman, and a ‘transgender individual’, who both wore ‘sexy dresses’, stole his gold necklace worth about 33,000 baht. The tourist, 45 year old Sathishkumar Govindarju, told The Pattaya News the pair also tried to convince him to sleep with them. “I was walking along the road alone, returning from a night out to my hotel. The duo came to me and tried to hug me”. Sathishkumar said he noticed later, after he had rejected the alleged thieves’ approach, that his pricey necklace was missing. He filed a report to Pattaya […]

The story Pattaya tourist claims thieves in ‘sexy dresses’ stole his 33,000 baht necklace as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

12 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

An Indian tourist in Pattaya claims that last night, a Thai woman, and a ‘transgender individual’, who both wore ‘sexy dresses’, stole his gold necklace worth about 33,000 baht. The tourist, 45 year old Sathishkumar Govindarju, told The Pattaya News the pair also tried to convince him to sleep with them. “I was walking along the road alone, returning from a night out to my hotel. The duo came to me and tried to hug me”. Sathishkumar said he noticed later, after he had rejected the alleged thieves’ approach, that his pricey necklace was missing. He filed a report to Pattaya […]

The story Pattaya tourist claims thieves in ‘sexy dresses’ stole his 33,000 baht necklace as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I have an idea.

Don't wear expensive jewellery when walking around in Pattaya. You are an instant target when you decide to flaunt your valuables.   

• Like 2

Does the "victim" have a friend who can testify that he had such a necklace?    These stories are just stories until there is some sort of witness or CCTV showing his claim of owning a solid gold necklace is true.

Other than that remember, "don't take anything to Pattaya you are not willing to lose!"  555

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

The tourist, 45 year old Sathishkumar Govindarju, told The Pattaya News the pair also tried to convince him to sleep with them.

If you had just been a team player...

• Haha 2

Hello Thaiger....your news article and the attached video clip doesn't match....the video clip is few days older and the news article is latest......

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mazz11 said:

I have an idea.

Don't wear expensive jewellery when walking around in Pattaya. You are an instant target when you decide to flaunt your valuables.   

I got hammered down on this forum for suggesting just that obvious reality.  Some people just like to believe that here, they live in some rosy, Disney, fluffy world where there are no dangers to wearing expensive gold neck adornments.  They are deluded.

Anyway, what 'man' walks around wearing a 33,000 Baht gold necklace, unless its with a matching gold larme sarong and pearled up shoes? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thaiger said:

An Indian tourist in Pattaya claims that last night, a Thai woman, and a ‘transgender individual’, who both wore ‘sexy dresses’, stole his gold necklace worth about 33,000 baht. T The duo came to me and tried to hug me”. Sathishkumar said he noticed later, after he had rejected the alleged thieves’ approach, that his pricey necklace was missing. He filed a report to Pattaya […]

Huh? 33K Baht necklace is pricey? Small price to pay to learn a lesson

2 hours ago, Pinetree said:

I got hammered down on this forum for suggesting just that obvious reality.  Some people just like to believe that here, they live in some rosy, Disney, fluffy world where there are no dangers to wearing expensive gold neck adornments.  They are deluded.

Anyway, what 'man' walks around wearing a 33,000 Baht gold necklace, unless its with a matching gold larme sarong and pearled up shoes? 

With the price of gold at over 2,000 baht a gram at the moment, it doesn't take much to add up to 33,000 baht.

But yes, it doesn't make much sense to flaunt it, especially if you going to be stumbling back to your hotel late at night after consuming a few sherbets - exactly the kind of mark that the hugger-muggers and pickpockets are looking for, pretty much anywhere, not just in Thailand.

• Like 2

>

9 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Does the "victim" have a friend who can testify that he had such a necklace?

The only way this might make sense is if he was pointing his finger at a particular culprit.  Then you might legitimately ask for proof that the necklace existed.  If he's not identifying a culprit, what you're saying is he might have gone to the police complaining that a nonexistent necklace was stolen by an unknown individual, to wit, that he is insane and reporting fantasy crimes.  

Edited by JMJM
diction

One night in BKK makes a hard man humble..I can feel the devil walking next to me....

We all have a story to tell.........Protip stop wearing gold in a 3rd world country after a pandemic dummy

• Haha 1

There was another case of this last night in Pattaya.  A tourist discovered that his wallet was missing shortly after being hugged by a dude who looked like a lady.  He said it had 10,000 baht in it.  Do these guys think it is their animal magnetism that is attracting these "ladies"?   Hard to have any sympathy.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2022 at 12:30 PM, ExpatPattaya said:

Other than that remember, "don't take anything to Pattaya you are not willing to lose!"  555

Apart from your virginity.

• Haha 1

Why do these morons come to holes like Pattaya and Angeles with anything gold other than their Amex and their dental work?

I once saw a scrawny guy in Tequila Reef having just arrived surrounded by his mates and the usual honeys getting smashed with a gold Rolex, several chains, bracelets and rings, he looked like a cross between Crocodile Dundee and Liberace. I often wonder if he ever survived his first night in one piece. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, JMJM said:

>

The only way this might make sense is if he was pointing his finger at a particular culprit.  Then you might legitimately ask for proof that the necklace existed.  If he's not identifying a culprit, what you're saying is he might have gone to the police complaining that a nonexistent necklace was stolen by an unknown individual, to wit, that he is insane and reporting fantasy crimes.  

Oh the old insurance claim scam. That falls apart pretty fast in the Pattaya nick. They've heard it all before. 

Convenient though, as the cells are just though the door of the interview room. 😂

There's even video of grifter clowns stupid enough to attempt it with professional documentary crews filming as their story collapses, and them being charged. 😂

9 hours ago, longwood50 said:

image.png.f559179b3d1fd97f2a6a92fb1324fca5.png

goes to 20 baht store to stock up on fake wallets------and condoms(7-11)

pitstop at hardware store for small chain link and gold spray paint as well.......Hansum!!!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, bushav8r said:

dude who looked like a lady.

reminds me of an Aerosmith song......Janies got a Gun........(gotcha)