Jump to content

News Forum - CCSA meets today to consider further easing of Covid entry restrictions


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

The government’s Covid-19 task force meets today to consider the further easing of Thailand’s entry restrictions. The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration will also discuss the possible re-opening of all land border checkpoints, as well as reviewing the colour-coding of provinces based on their infection rates. Nation Thailand reports that Supoj Malaniyom from the CCSA says officials will consider a proposal from PM Prayut Chan-o-cha to make it easier for overseas arrivals to enter Thailand. It’s possible the expensive PCR test on arrival could be replaced with cheaper antigen testing – or even better. “The CCSA may even stop testing […]

The story CCSA meets today to consider further easing of Covid entry restrictions as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While at Suvarnabhumi airport open a 24h test-station for departure. After 2 years of covid, when the most countries scraped the test already. Thats a parade example for fast acting. 😅
I don't expect no big steps for today. More a change to ATK on arrival.

Just my 2 cents.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, SirPixAlot said:

While at Suvarnabhumi airport open a 24h test-station for departure. After 2 years of covid, when the most countries scraped the test already. Thats a parade example for fast acting. 😅
I don't expect no big steps for today. More a change to ATK on arrival.

Just my 2 cents.

I'd be surprised if they even changed that. I kinda feel we're looking at a May timeline for the switch to ATK, and maybe July for the abolishment of T&G. Way too late, but hey this is Thailand, :P

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very likely to be modest changes.

So far introducing restrictions has been very fast and removing them has been very slow. 

Edited by Mazz11
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't wait to wake up tomorrow to find out they reduced the insurance coverage requirement down by $500 and left everything else unchanged.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, SirPixAlot said:

While at Suvarnabhumi airport open a 24h test-station for departure. After 2 years of covid, when the most countries scraped the test already. Thats a parade example for fast acting. 😅
I don't expect no big steps for today. More a change to ATK on arrival.

Just my 2 cents.

Atleast ATK .

Something else wouldnt make sense. The main thing is, ppl doesnt want to pay too much for stupid rip off.  Me either 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Temperature check and vaccination card check is all that is needed coming into Thailand IMO  

Shopping malls/food courts/restaurants opened as bars in Pattaya let anyone in and they are sometimes more crowded than the airport - per square meter that is.  

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most people up until now are essentially expecting things to remain fundamentally the same and I agree. We will get the usual BS about too soon to establish any spike in cases from Songkran blah blah blah. What they actually mean is that Covid is rife and we know it.
 

I know as many people here with Covid as I did when I was in the U.K. last year. The number of cases and deaths are suspiciously constant; apart from certain days of the week. I’m sure the government know what the situation is and they will be Sh*t scared to relax restrictions too much. Tinkering around the edges more like. I hope I’m wrong…

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Most people up until now are essentially expecting things to remain fundamentally the same and I agree. We will get the usual BS about too soon to establish any spike in cases from Songkran blah blah blah. What they actually mean is that Covid is rife and we know it.
 

I know as many people here with Covid as I did when I was in the U.K. last year. The number of cases and deaths are suspiciously constant; apart from certain days of the week. I’m sure the government know what the situation is and they will be Sh*t scared to relax restrictions too much. Tinkering around the edges more like. I hope I’m wrong…

I hope you are wrong but I doubt you are. The figures they submit to the likes of Worldometer are a joke, like a number of other Countries. I get a more accurate state of affairs from my adopted daughter in Chiang Mai.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Guevara said:

I hope you are wrong but I doubt you are. The figures they submit to the likes of Worldometer are a joke, like a number of other Countries. I get a more accurate state of affairs from my adopted daughter in Chiang Mai.

Yep I agree. I can ask Somchai at the local Somtam shop for a more accurate view of what’s going on 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow. We were wrong (almost). New announcement just come out and published here. Great news indeed for all concerned. Still not sure what a “recommendation” for ATK on day 5 means. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Great news indeed for all concerned.

Really, they still require everyone to run the Thai Pass Gauntlet ….

 

“without orders signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters.”

and then maybe approved once they see your still paying into the Thai Insurance Scam.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 8

      Guitar Gods

    2. 8

      Guitar Gods

    3. 8

      Guitar Gods

    4. 8

      Guitar Gods

    5. 9

      John Mayall Dead at 90

  • New Topics

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use