News Forum - Blue by Alain Ducasse ranked No. 25 on list of Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants

Thaiger

Press Release  He did it! The key player of Blue by Alain Ducasse, Executive Chef Wilfrid Hocquet, had two goals for the restaurant when it opened. The first one he scored within the first year of opening doors. And now, he has made good on his second goal, with the restaurant being ranked at No. 25 on Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants 2022, sponsored by S. Pellegrino & Acqua Panna. The 10th edition of Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants list was revealed on Tuesday, 29th March 2022, via a series of live events held in Bangkok, Hong Kong, Macau and Tokyo. The […]

The story Blue by Alain Ducasse ranked No. 25 on list of Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

24 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

They, and other high end restaurants in Bangkok, have a very affordable lunch special 

2,550 thb++ isn't too bad for a 5 course lunch.

2 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

I think there is a 3 course option as well

I don't love "fine dining " restaurants 

But there are many Thai "fine dining " restaurants with Michelin stars that I am curious to check our,  just to experience the fine dining interpretation of Thai food

So looking for a place that has a reasonable chef menu and might try it

I honestly don't even know if I will like it

And may have to go solo, I don't think Ao will even have any interest at all

6 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Hmm... That is roughly my monthly food budget (by choice, not necessity).

I have no issue with anyone who wants to spend like that on a meal, but I will never, ever understand it.

My experience in Thailand is that when I splurge, or rather used to splurge, the food was roughly the same as I got on the street, but the décor nicer.

26 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I think there is a 3 course option as well

I don't love "fine dining " restaurants 

But there are many Thai "fine dining " restaurants with Michelin stars that I am curious to check our,  just to experience the fine dining interpretation of Thai food

So looking for a place that has a reasonable chef menu and might try it

I honestly don't even know if I will like it

And may have to go solo, I don't think Ao will even have any interest at all

Tell you what, you go sample Blue and report back with photos.  Ao and I will eat in Siam s food court.  😉

I'm sure Blues food is superb.

Just went to Blue a few days ago. Supreme preparation of dishes, the best ingredients available, wonderful views of Chaopraya, amazing interior, and lots of customers (80-90% full at 1230pm). I ve dined at more than a hundred Michelin starred restaurants, and comparatively Blue deserves its one star rating. Slightly snobby sommelier from France and very friendly yet somewhat impersonal maître d’. Worth a stop. Number one French cuisine for me in Bangkok is still Le Normandie at the Mandarin Oriental. 

B422EEE5-54CD-4A19-8079-DBC263EA3C8A.thumb.jpeg.3d4c7b808af934583b6dc33b7ed31dec.jpeg

Edited by Dr.Sivada
  • Thanks 1