Thaiger Talk Quiz #058 - Thailand Bs

BigHewer

Quiz #58

B is for Bangkok (and a lot of other things, too). All of the questions in this quiz relate to things in Thailand starting with "B". Good luck, folks!

1.thumb.jpg.6d0d7a7bc22a226b50c997f3cccaec73.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.38b33f91f1ba96c46a23f34500167028.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.48226b563bf20e8b94f391fc2ec8d6dc.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.917ea1f935cb984a75c2d110f5a5ec76.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.3a5974b5ad31d35fb98487fee5c7726c.jpg

6.thumb.jpg.70c3d64b1f9510955685cb54020d1e02.jpg

And now for the answers...

7.thumb.jpg.b88aaf9037af7f18f5d23adf91c4dce3.jpg

8.thumb.jpg.dc8d3780c3ec5efea91e257fa72ca887.jpg

9.thumb.jpg.8f55a8d68548c446482f2b922d85a235.jpg

10.thumb.jpg.5ed73e9b2d2cf56993910c271c3f7ea3.jpg

11.thumb.jpg.bfe7eff753985b55e43e04d8fb763f43.jpg

12.thumb.jpg.5d3c9592d15e40bb07997b9d97bd147a.jpg

• Like 1

4/5. Missed the German one and one of the answers that I marked X was a factory I was a sub contracting as a project manager working on part of their extension years and years ago. Oh well, I will take the near full miss.

• Like 2

3 of 5. Missed the German one and the beer one. I don’t drink alcohol and I know nothing about Germany. so 3 is good 🤣

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

3 of 5. Missed the German one and the beer one. I don’t drink alcohol and I know nothing about Germany. so 3 is good 🤣

Not good S_G ... shame on you! 😎

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

Wow. You are really gradually getting better at these quizzes! Actually it says facility and in reality Boon Rawd could have 2 answers in there.

• Like 2

3/5 and I do drink, I have lived in Germany so 3 is bad.

As an aside though Germany has the oldest brewery in the world, making really good beer in Bavaria, it is called the Weihenstephan brewery. My favourite is Weihenstephan Vitus Weizenbock bier at 7.7%.🍺🍻🍺🍻

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spicy_girl said:

No good taking you to this year's Oktober Beer Fest.

4/5  guessed wrong on the German.

• Haha 1

5/5
Even though I hate sport, I still remembered seeing articles about #5 so many times.
IIRC the krauts in #4 have been in the news recently.

13 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

As an aside though Germany has the oldest brewery in the world, making really good beer in Bavaria, it is called the Weihenstephan brewery. My favourite is Weihenstephan Vitus Weizenbock bier at 7.7%.🍺🍻🍺🍻

The best German beer I can remember I bought from Colditz brewery, near Leipzig. A strong dark beer, celebrating the 600th anniversary of the brewery in 1990, I think it was 7%.
The brewery has apparently closed down now, sadly.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

3/5 and I do drink, I have lived in Germany so 3 is bad.

That makes two of us Marble-eye. I spent my formative drinking years in Germany. Even started to question my football allegiances, the beer tasted so good. 

1 hour ago, Bluesofa said:

The best German beer I can remember I bought from Colditz brewery, near Leipzig. A strong dark beer, celebrating the 600th anniversary of the brewery in 1990, I think it was 7%.
The brewery has apparently closed down now, sadly.

My beer of choice when I lived in Germany was Krombacher Pils. I prefer the pilsners over the others. Never made it to Leipzig, but love the accent. They are the scousers of the German-speaking world.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BigHewer said:

That makes two of us Marble-eye. I spent my formative drinking years in Germany. Even started to question my football allegiances, the beer tasted so good. 

My beer of choice when I lived in Germany was Krombacher Pils. I prefer the pilsners over the others. Never made it to Leipzig, but love the accent. They are the scousers of the German-speaking world.

I wouldn't know about the accent in Leipzig. I could only speak schoolboy German, and went as the wall was coming down in June 1990.
The first time was on the train from East Berlin. Then a few months later I drove from the Hook of Holland to Colditz to buy a carload of more beer.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

I wouldn't know about the accent in Leipzig. I could only speak schoolboy German, and went as the wall was coming down in June 1990.
The first time was on the train from East Berlin. Then a few months later I drove from the Hook of Holland to Colditz to buy a carload of more beer.

Would have been an interesting time to be there. I arrived in 1992, just a little bit after. I was living just outside Dortmund, but made a couple of trips out east. Some of the friendliest folk I’ve come across. Haven’t been back east since 1999, no idea what’s it like now. I’m sure the beer is still good though 🍻😁

• Like 2

I worked in Berlin for 3 months in 1989, left to go back to the U.K. 2 weeks before the wall came down ( Nov 89 ) missed all the festivities 😞

Returned some 5 months later and was super satisfied that a couple of English guys working in the plant had made me a small wood/bronze plaque with a bit of the wall stuck on.

Unfortunately 2 divorces later the plaque has become landfill ☹️

• Like 3

On 4/22/2022 at 5:59 PM, spicy_girl said:

Snap. Got the same three correct.

Don't drink anything but water and wine. Had a German g/f once - Monica - so should have got that one.

• Like 1