News Forum - Thai virologist says Covid-19 does not affect the immune system like HIV does

Thaiger

A prominent Thai virologist has taken to Facebook to reassure people that Covid-19 does not destroy the immune system in the way the human immunodeficiency virus does. According to Dr Anan Jongkaewwattana, the Covid-19 virus affects T-cells in a similar manner to HIV, but the outcomes of both scenarios are completely different. The virologist from the National Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology uses a study in the online journal, Nature, to illustrate his point. The study found that infected T-cells will destroy themselves, leading to a drop in the white blood cell count known as lymphopenia. In the same […]

The story Thai virologist says Covid-19 does not affect the immune system like HIV does as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Noble_Design said:

Eh nobody proof read the article first before publishing?

Capture.JPG.d44f16926db79805cca0631d3005c874.JPG

I have read and hear enough now since day one. So they want to open the gate without any conditions... just let them be! lol

I didn’t even know Covid killed CD4 cells, I thought it was just a serious lung infection. So people with untreated active HIV have a constant attack on their CD4 levels while  Covid have one attack “only”. That might explain some deaths of seemingly healthy people. Dying of Covid is “more acceptable” to society/families than dying of AIDS.