previous covid

lurman59

hello...  i have been searching everywhere,sent many questions to different sites and still no answer,,,so hopefully this is the place.

i am due to come to phuket on the 27th april...on the 14th i tested positive to covid...here in nsw australia all we have to do is 7 day quarantine then if no symptoms free to carry on as normal....now with coming to thailand as you are aware i need to do a pcr test on arrival....i do intend to do one here when i come out of iso and if negative still intend to travel ( if positive will not travel)....however i have read articles of people testing negative before departure but positive on arrival.....and i have also read if you have had covid, a pcr test can show positive weeks even months after you first tested positive. so my question is   is there a document i can provide to show that i am clear of symptoms even though pcr test is positive and that would exclude me from further nights of quarantine....i will have with me a copy of my negative pcr from australia...im just trying to cover all bases before making  the final decision to fly

I am aware that you can get the following certificate in NSW. But concerned it may only be for use in NSW.

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Documents/medical-clearance-notice-form.pdf

Perhaps consider that as extra evidence to carry. It was me, I would even get it translated into Thai and bring the original and the Thai translation with me as a courtesy. But I can be a bit pedantic in things like that. 😀

Whether anything like that would help you in the case of a positive PCR test on arrival, I don't know, and will leave that to other members to comment on.

thank you for your input

yesterday i sent an email to the thai consulate here in sydney explaining my situation...and their response was

"Dear Adrian,

You need to carry a medical certificate to show that you have been fully recovered from Covid. The Thai health authorities would ask for the paper if your result is still positive".

Regards,
Naya