News Forum - Over 10,000 partiers at Thai island’s Full Moon Party

Thaiger

17 hours ago, Soidog said:

Indeed, but what about the people those under 30’s may in turn pass it on to, such as their unvaccinated 

If she was concerned at all about covid, she would have had a vaccination, if she gets it, tough shit!!

42 minutes ago, Mandy said:

If she was concerned at all about covid, she would have had a vaccination, if she gets it, tough shit!!

It truly is amazing how many ignorant people are on these forum

Some people can't get the vaccine for medical reasons 

23 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

It truly is amazing how many ignorant people are on these forum

Some people can't get the vaccine for medical reasons 

Yes but thats just like the fat people who are fat because of glandular problems instead of gluttony. They exist but in a minority. Some people are just awkward.

On 4/17/2022 at 7:00 PM, ExpatPattaya said:

Just 400 hotels across the island, so many people sleeping in the sand I would guess.  What fun!  piss and sh#t everywhere, vomit, beer, all sorts of body fluids.  That is a real party man, wish I was 30 years younger

I'm not sure what size hotels you're thinking of but even if they are tiny and hold an average of 25 people each, that's 10,000 already. There are many in Haad Rin alone that hold hundreds of guests. It would take only 10 of those hotels to hold the entire 10,000 people estimated.

Also, every single available hotel was booked to capacity and over, including ones that had closed for Covid and still for sale online. Streets and beaches were packed, boats and speedboats were full. I had estimates 9-11,000 people from my knowledge of the transportation and accommodation info and crowd sizes for the last 67 full moons I attended. 10k seems a pretty reasonable estimate.

• Thanks 1

Great to see this going again. A real contrast to the (lack of)  celebrations throughout the rest of the country for Songkran. 

Watch as it makes zero difference to the covid spread . Thais really need to break the mental link between tourists / parties and covid, it just isn't logical and really isn't benefiting anyone.