News Forum - First rape victim speaks out against Democrat deputy leader

Thaiger

Anna Vidhyaphum, who is seeking a seat in the Bangkok City Hall Assembly under the Ruam Thai United Party, became the first person to step forward to claim that she had been allegedly raped by Democrat deputy leader Prinn Panitchapakdi. Around 20 others have made similar allegations, with some reporting Prinn to the police for alleged rape, sexual assault, and sexual harassment. At a press conference on Thursday, he claimed that he’s innocent and he’s “not that type of person”. With the allegations piling up he decided to quit the position so he could fight against the numerous claims and accusations […]

The story First rape victim speaks out against Democrat deputy leader as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I am sure that all 10 gals cannot be trying to railroad him. My question is why would he trun to being a squid and need to rape girls or harass force vulnerable girls into spreading their legs when they don't want to.

Her case alone - he walks, too long after the act. He said - she said.

Not doing herself any favours saying she upped her anti depressant drugs.

Anna, get this past you and have a long holiday, running for Bangkok Council when depressed will do you no good either. 

Anti depressants are like a treadmill for some, when do you stop taking them or realistically when do you wean yourself off them?  Terrible drugs that shrinks love.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I am sure that all 10 gals cannot be trying to railroad him. My question is why would he trun to being a squid and need to rape girls or harass force vulnerable girls into spreading their legs when they don't want to.

Rape is, more often than not, power & control + sexual  gratification. “You cannot defy me and I will take my prize!” Prison rape is a clear example of this. Why rape an unwilling person when there are “willing” people available that would probably provide a superior “service” with much less fuss? 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Rape is, more often than not, power & control + sexual  gratification. “You cannot defy me and I will take my prize!” Prison rape is a clear example of this. Why rape an unwilling person when there are “willing” people available that would probably provide a superior “service” with much less fuss? 

Yeah just is so messed up with the Bill Cosby or Henry Weinstein, or the Jeffrey Epstein types. Now if it is true we can add the Thai one Prinn Panitchapakdi. Maybe it can a Thai men trend with names that start with P's who raped something or the other in Thailand. I can think of a few that start with a P.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, palooka said:

Anna, get this past you and have a long holiday, running for Bangkok Council when depressed will do you no good either. 

Anti depressants are like a treadmill for some, when do you stop taking them or realistically when do you wean yourself off them?  Terrible drugs that shrinks love.

This is not about  medication for her depression. It is about a system and hierarchy that allows  for the abuse and exploitation. In Thailand, it is difficult to bring a successful complaint against someone in a position of power, let alone a woman to bring an allegation of sexual assault. You have no idea of what the circumstances were do you? Fortunately, the denial mentality does not always hold otherwise we would have never seen justice in the sexual abuse of children in government and religious care facilities in the western world. The opponents of such investigations said it occurred too long ago and it was just some people's words against someone else.  They were shown to be wrong.  Justice delayed is justice denied.  We have 10+ allegations here. The sheer number of allegations necessitates a  thorough investigation.

You know nothing of her medical history. She may very well have an organic medical problem, a chemical imbalance that can be corrected with medication. The logic is no different than telling a diabetic not to take insulin or a thyroid hormone deficient patient not to take a prescribed supplement. Leave the medical care issue to the candidate and her physician.

Consider the situation from the position of a young sexual assault victim's perspective and not that of an elderly European male who has not had to survive the Thai social hierarchy or the threat of sexual abuse..

Edited by Vigo
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yeah just is so messed up with the Bill Cosby or Henry Weinstein, or the Jeffrey Epstein types. Now if it is true we can add the Thai one Prinn Panitchapakdi. Maybe it can a Thai men trend with names that start with P's who raped something or the other in Thailand. I can think of a few that start with a P.

Are those people you mentioned Thai? I'm not familiar with them.

16 hours ago, riclag said:

Sometimes a womens beauty can be a curse!

Sad for her

Rape has absolutely nothing to do with beauty, absolutely nothing at all, it has everything to do with control and power, subjecting the victim to humiliation  for their own self gratification 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, BangkokBruce said:

Are those people you mentioned Thai? I'm not familiar with them.

No and thank goodness as Thailand has their own home grown owns.

13 hours ago, Vigo said:

This is not about  medication for her depression. It is about a system and hierarchy that allows  for the abuse and exploitation. In Thailand, it is difficult to bring a successful complaint against someone in a position of power, let alone a woman to bring an allegation of sexual assault. You have no idea of what the circumstances were do you? Fortunately, the denial mentality does not always hold otherwise we would have never seen justice in the sexual abuse of children in government and religious care facilities in the western world. The opponents of such investigations said it occurred too long ago and it was just some people's words against someone else.  They were shown to be wrong.  Justice delayed is justice denied.  We have 10+ allegations here. The sheer number of allegations necessitates a  thorough investigation.

You know nothing of her medical history. She may very well have an organic medical problem, a chemical imbalance that can be corrected with medication. The logic is no different than telling a diabetic not to take insulin or a thyroid hormone deficient patient not to take a prescribed supplement. Leave the medical care issue to the candidate and her physician.

Consider the situation from the position of a young sexual assault victim's perspective and not that of an elderly European male who has not had to survive the Thai social hierarchy or the threat of sexual abuse..

Well she is not the only lady claiming rape at the hands of the same guy, also he has resigned his position so it doesnt look good for him does it! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Vigo said:

Feel better now you?

4 hours ago, Mandy said:

Rape has absolutely nothing to do with beauty, absolutely nothing at all, it has everything to do with control and power, subjecting the victim to humiliation  for their own self gratification 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/evolution-the-self/201205/the-triggers-sexual-desire-men-vs-women

A womans Beauty has a lot to do with it “ visual”. Its what some people do with the desires that has plagued humanity!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, palooka said:

Wtf ? and allow a rapist to go free you mean ? 
I fail to see how her medical prescription is in anyway relevant? Or why anyone suffering from medically controlled depression would stop them from doing a great job. 

20 hours ago, Vigo said:

Getting a conviction on her testimony alone in a western country, just a maybe, in Thailand no way.

We are talking Thailand here so to start raving about western world and religion is irrelevant as the legal system is totally different so don't go off on tangents that are not related.

Yes there are ten alleged victims (no conviction yet) and I hope they get to the truth.

Yes I know nothing of her medical history other than stated BUT neither do you so leave the hypotheticals out of it.

As for consideration of her position I thought I explained that she personally may not get a result against this man, and was intimating that she should look after herself, being on anti depressants and taking on a public office duties are stressfull and may not be in her best long term health interests.

But I guess the trolls don't read that into it, just searching everywhere to drag someone down and  to vent their biased opinions.

Like I said earlier "hope you feel  better now"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Benroon said:

In Thailand if you have one eye only, or one arm or some other physical handicap you are ineligibe to sign as a witness to a marital statement and many other official documents. Disabled people cannot get a licence to drive or ride a bike. The restrictions for medical and physical are numerous.

So to publicly testify that she is on medications and has increased those medications may well make her ineligible to even stand for any public office.  

In future I will try to avoid comments that stress the limited knowledge of some, in paritcular trolls.

• Like 2

Thailand society may not be the most politically correct there is and they are definitely not very welcoming to foreigners who want to settle down, IMHO. However, I also like and admire that. 

The Thai people have a certain awareness of their own unique culture and are not willing to budge much on that. 

In the West I see "disabled" people all the time parking on their VIP lots that are free and close to everything. I see people walking out and more often than not looking fully capable of doing a job. I say you should not get to keep driver's license if disabled. It may sound harsh and paint a broad brush, but there are many things you are getting also. 

In this case, AGAIN, it is not politically correct not to believe a rape accuser. She is no the one in danger of getting hurt; the alleged accused is. In the West, a mere accusation will likely ruin your reputation. It is a very wicked way at getting at someone with little risk. 

I say an accuser should face the same sentence as the accused risks IF the accused is found not guilty. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Paulw said:

Well she is not the only lady claiming rape at the hands of the same guy, also he has resigned his position so it doesnt look good for him does it! 

It matters little if more people add-on to the same accusations, IMHO. This is still not evidence.  

In this MeToo era it is refreshening to know that there are still countries who don't totally cave to this nonsense. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

Thailand society may not be the most politically correct there is and they are definitely not very welcoming to foreigners who want to settle down, IMHO. However, I also like and admire that. 

The Thai people have a certain awareness of their own unique culture and are not willing to budge much on that. 

In the West I see "disabled" people all the time parking on their VIP lots that are free and close to everything. I see people walking out and more often than not looking fully capable of doing a job. I say you should not get to keep driver's license if disabled. It may sound harsh and paint a broad brush, but there are many things you are getting also. 

In this case, AGAIN, it is not politically correct not to believe a rape accuser. She is no the one in danger of getting hurt; the alleged accused is. In the West, a mere accusation will likely ruin your reputation. It is a very wicked way at getting at someone with little risk. 

I say an accuser should face the same sentence as the accused risks IF the accused is found not guilty. 

Interesting opinion on disabled people not being able to keep a drivers licence. If they are able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner there should be no reason to deny them that right.

I hope you don't have an accident or medical episode that results in you becoming partially disabled. I'm sure you will change your opinion pretty quickly if that happens. 

On your other point regarding the rape accusation. Innocent until proven guilty and proven beyond reasonable doubt is the way the justice system is supposed to be based. Lets wait and see how this process pans out before accusing someone of making a false accusation. History has proven in all countries that sexual assault accusations can be difficult to prove, but this doesn't mean that the accusation is always false.

10 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

I agree that false accusers should be punished harshly if the accusations are judged to be made solely to defame a person. Finding a person innocent doesn’t always mean the accused is innocent, sometimes it means that the charges couldn’t be proven. OJ Simpson was found not guilty in a criminal court and subsequently found liable in a civil court. A mandatory sentence for the accuser would stifle the voice of victims and make reporting a sexual crime a gamble, not a case of wrong or right. 

• Like 2

On 4/16/2022 at 1:27 PM, palooka said:

In Thailand if you have one eye only, or one arm or some other physical handicap you are ineligibe to sign as a witness to a marital statement and many other official documents. Disabled people cannot get a licence to drive or ride a bike. The restrictions for medical and physical are numerous.

So to publicly testify that she is on medications and has increased those medications may well make her ineligible to even stand for any public office.  

In future I will try to avoid comments that stress the limited knowledge of some, in paritcular trolls.

Firstly can you learn how to quote other people so other peoples comments/quotes are not attributed to the person you're replying to (take your time it will sink in)

Secondly you're talking utter bollox, but I have to admit it was one of the funniest bits of bollox I've read for a while - unless you can find me a link to say anyone taking tablets is ineligible for public office? Is there a list of them, perhaps Paracetomol rules you out of certain jobs but Sertraline ok for others ? - perhaps there's a spreadsheet somewhere that cross references drug versus job? lol

Have you heard yourself ? Troll indeed.

15 hours ago, Mazz11 said:

Interesting opinion on disabled people not being able to keep a drivers licence. If they are able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner there should be no reason to deny them that right.

I hope you don't have an accident or medical episode that results in you becoming partially disabled. I'm sure you will change your opinion pretty quickly if that happens. 

On your other point regarding the rape accusation. Innocent until proven guilty and proven beyond reasonable doubt is the way the justice system is supposed to be based. Lets wait and see how this process pans out before accusing someone of making a false accusation. History has proven in all countries that sexual assault accusations can be difficult to prove, but this doesn't mean that the accusation is always false.

Your first point is simple to answer. If you are DISABLED and need us others to pay for your upkeep, I believe forfeiting the right to drive would be an easy deal. If you are disabled because of mental problems, should you really drive where you are constantly eposed to stressful situations?

If you have a physical ailment that is bad enough that you cannot function in a physical capacity, why the need to drive?

Yes, your second point I agree with. It SHOULD be just as hard to prove a rape as to prove a murder. There is no different burden of proof, simply because it is a woman accusing a man. 

On 4/16/2022 at 3:18 PM, NorskTiger said:

It matters little if more people add-on to the same accusations, IMHO. This is still not evidence.  

In this MeToo era it is refreshening to know that there are still countries who don't totally cave to this nonsense. 

It doesn't seem to matter what the subject is, you don't appear to consider rape a crime at all or at best not to be taken seriously. If a dozen or so women come forward with a rape accusation, how is that not 'evidence' ? statements are evidence to be tried in court. Believed or not believed, they are evidence.

If hundreds of Ukrainian woman are saying they were raped and it's confirmed by RUSSIAN sources your attitude is still 'pah' who cares, it's only a woman (or child) getting raped. There's a pattern here.

Why's that ? What went wrong when you were growing up ?

13 hours ago, Fanta said:

I agree that false accusers should be punished harshly if the accusations are judged to be made solely to defame a person. Finding a person innocent doesn’t always mean the accused is innocent, sometimes it means that the charges couldn’t be proven. OJ Simpson was found not guilty in a criminal court and subsequently found liable in a civil court. A mandatory sentence for the accuser would stifle the voice of victims and make reporting a sexual crime a gamble, not a case of wrong or right. 

That OJ had to pay damages after being found "not guilty" does not surprise me. That is America, after all. The country where doctors have to pay lots of money a year just to be insured against getting sued. Or the crazy country where lawyers shop for the most favorable jury venues. 

The US justice system is corrupt to the core and it is all about momey or political connections. Of course USA always accuses others of being so imperfect, but no country has more people in prison than USA and probably not as many innocent eithers. Prosecutors run for ELECTIONS and brag about how many "convictions" they got.  A CRAZY society. 

There SHOULD be consequences for false accusations. There are consequences for everything else. Otherwise, any scorned woman or anyon else can falsely accuse someone for rape. COuntless exaples of tragic outcome here. Best example must be how the Swedish women started the railroading process against Julian Assange. These women must feel good about themselves...